Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

22 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Why don't you call in and ask the guys from Scooters if you can have a look at their contract. Or maybe even Paul's copy which is sitting on a desk in the office. You might even walk out in the same condition if you ask politely and are very lucky.

FTFY 😉

20 hours ago, Jambo said:

You think that is a bad thing? 

If my business was "merged" with another business, I would expect my logos and brand to be preserved and incorporated into the new business.  That's how the new business confirms the value of those logos and the brand, usually anyway.

Is it a bad thing that Secrets's logos and brand have not been preserved and incorporated?  That's not up to me, I just made an observation.

The whole point of this exercise is a new start for Secrets Bar rebranded under the "Scooters" business model. 

Apparently it's not only the business model that Scooters has imposed on Secrets.  If Scooters thought that the Secrets brand and logos had value, they'd use them.  Why wouldn't they?

This is not intended to be an attack on either Scooters or Secrets.  I have nothing bad to say about Scooters, and I have plenty of positive history with Secrets and its ownership.  I simply pointed out what a lot of other people were surely thinking, offering it with all due respect.

19 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

🤣 I was just wondering where you had gone ? 

Unfortunately this board makes me terribly homesick, and I can only take so much of it.  Also, weekday evenings are either spent out eating and drinking, or home watching baseball, and weekends have been spent either watching baseball, cleaning the condo, assembling flat-pack desks and TV stands, visiting out-of-state friends, or out drinking.  Mounted a dash cam in my car last weekend and ran the power cable.  Stuff like that.

19 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Well, we can only guess what was written in the contract, if there is one......

You can bet there is one, and also that it stipulates in detail the disposition of all the branding and logos.

15 hours ago, Jambo said:

You might even walk out in the same condition if you ask politely. 

If the agreement was fair to all parties, and no representative or friend of either business would have a reason to complain, why would this sort of hostility be called for?  Why wouldn't Paul (whoever he is) be willing to publish it, or a suitably redacted version of it, in the Pattaya Mail?

I must say that I find your reactions to this angle of the conversation interesting.  Again, with all due respect to someone I've never had a cross word with.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

36 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

If my business was "merged" with another business, I would expect my logos and brand to be preserved and incorporated into the new business.  That's how the new business confirms the value of those logos and the brand, usually anyway.

yes seam more like sublease

was there sunday and again yesterday to miss rain and not much secrets things still there but some girls servers includeing ladyboy.

1 hour ago, Rompho Ray said:

If the agreement was fair to all parties, and no representative or friend of either business would have a reason to complain, why would this sort of hostility be called for?  Why wouldn't Paul (whoever he is) be willing to publish it, or a suitably redacted version of it, in the Pattaya Mail?

Surely you must see that the contract for this "association"  is absolutely nobody's business other than the principals concerned.  With respect, your suggestion of publishing it in the Pattaya Mail is quite frankly absurd.

The nudge, nudge ill informed innuendos detract from the fact that this is a new and exciting venture that a lot of people have worked really hard to see come to fruition and hopefully become a great success. All any of us who have some type of involvement ask is that individuals keep an open mind and make a judgement based upon what they find when they visit and ignore comments made by others who have no intention of visiting themselves but just sit at their keyboard sniping away.  Is that an unreasonable request?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Surely you must see that the contract for this "association"  is absolutely nobody's business other than the principals concerned.  With respect, your suggestion of publishing it in the Pattaya Mail is quite frankly absurd.

The nudge, nudge ill informed innuendos detract from the fact that this is a new and exciting venture that a lot of people have worked really hard to see come to fruition and hopefully become a great success. All any of us who have some type of involvement ask is that individuals keep an open mind and make a judgement based upon what they find when they visit and ignore comments made by others who have no intention of visiting themselves but just sit at their keyboard sniping away.  Is that an unreasonable request?

Agree mate.

Find it a bit bizarre that people are having digs at the place when they either have not visited it or don't intend to.Like the Retox guys,the Scooters owners obviously know their market as their expanding business shows.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Agree mate.

Find it a bit bizarre that people are having digs at the place when they either have not visited it or don't intend to.Like the Retox guys,the Scooters owners obviously know their market as their expanding business shows.

Hope it works , but they have made mistakes in the past , they opened up a branch in Phuket but it didn't work there , no idea why ... I would have thought it would have done well

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/2/2019 at 10:47 AM, Rompho Ray said:

Not a lot of Secrets logos on view considering the "partnership" or "mutual franchise" talk BTW.

7 hours ago, Rompho Ray said:

Is it a bad thing that Secrets's logos and brand have not been preserved and incorporated?  That's not up to me, I just made an observation.

Apparently it's not only the business model that Scooters has imposed on Secrets.  If Scooters thought that the Secrets brand and logos had value, they'd use them.  Why wouldn't they?

Well going by the photos Larry put on this thread,  the large sign inside and outside has Scooters Bar along with the Secrets name and logo. Also the signs along the railing on the verandah have the Secrets name and logo. If you look at the drink menu, that also has the Secrets name and logo on it so I would say the Secrets name and logo is being incorporated into Scooters Bar in a fairly fair fashion.  

So that begs the question if the bar now being run /owned by Scooters and they are showing the Secrets name and logo in Scooters Bar, if in fact Secrets Hotel is showing the Scooters name and logo in Secrets Hotel..... like  the foyer and also the rooms with having the Scooters Bar drink menu placed in them.

cheers

• Like 1

It was not a suggestion to do that, it was a rhetorical question meant to suggest that people who have nothing to hide should act like that.

All any of us who have some type of involvement ask is that individuals keep an open mind and make a judgement based upon what they find when they visit and ignore comments made by others who have no intention of visiting themselves but just sit at their keyboard sniping away.  Is that an unreasonable request?

I don't believe I did that for the simple reason that I have no dog in the fight.  I simply observed that there were no Secrets logos in the photos I saw, and until now nobody suggested that there were any on display. 

I have no desire to go back and forth with you on this.  As I said in my other post, I wish both organizations, and you, all the best.

15 hours ago, roobob said:

Well going by the photos Larry put on this thread,  the large sign inside and outside has Scooters Bar along with the Secrets name and logo...etc.

I didn't see them because I don't get to this board very often lately.  I just made an observation about the photos I did see.  If somebody had simply what you said the first time I made the remark, none of the rest of this gyration would have been necessary.  Thanks for clarifying.

15 hours ago, roobob said:

Well going by the photos Larry put on this thread,  the large sign inside and outside has Scooters Bar along with the Secrets name and logo. Also the signs along the railing on the verandah have the Secrets name and logo. If you look at the drink menu, that also has the Secrets name and logo on it so I would say the Secrets name and logo is being incorporated into Scooters Bar in a fairly fair fashion.  

So that begs the question if the bar now being run /owned by Scooters and they are showing the Secrets name and logo in Scooters Bar, if in fact Secrets Hotel is showing the Scooters name and logo in Secrets Hotel..... like  the foyer and also the rooms with having the Scooters Bar drink menu placed in them.

cheers

plus the facebook page and website are certainly are not hiding the fact Secrets is a partner, the website is adverting secrets rooms too !!

https://www.scootersbarthailand.com/scooters-bar-with-secrets/

Edited by Sir_Fondles
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 4/3/2019 at 12:28 PM, Jambo said:

Mate, many BM just like to wind people up just for the fun of it and to see if they take the bait.

And it would seem you are just let it go over your head don't respond if you have to just say "whatever" and leave it or you will just get into a bun fight as you are doing.

JDM

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, JDM said:

Mate, many BM just like to wind people up just for the fun of it and to see if they take the bait.

And it would seem you are just let it go over your head don't respond if you have to just say "whatever" and leave it or you will just get into a bun fight as you are doing.

JDM

Thank you for your advice.

I enjoy a bun fight so I'll ignore it thanks. :default_blum:

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Jambo said:

Thank you for your advice.

I enjoy a bun fight so I'll ignore it thanks. :default_blum:

In that case I will keep watching this thread and see who gets a ( holiday first 55555 ). 🙄

JDM

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JDM said:

In that case I will keep watching this thread and see who gets a ( holiday first 55555 ). 🙄

JDM

Secrets is sacred territory and shall not be critized in any way or form ! 

Now wait....doesn't that remembers me of somewhere ?  

Hahaha....joking laaaaaa

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, JDM said:

Since your response is in a thread with my post, I'll respond:  That's exactly NOT what I did, nor is it something I almost ever do.  I very simply said that there were no Secrets logos in the pics posted up to that point.  And, judging from the responses to my post, I must have been right when I posted it, since NO response at that time included any sort of effort to point out where I was mistaken.

Maybe this board should have been a bit more careful about accepting so many members from the former Secrets board, considering how many seem to want to bring the pro-Secrets Stalinist-style censorship from that board along with them.  While I'm not interested in a free-for-all board where anything, no matter how offensive or outrageous, is defended as "free speech" (a profound misreading of our First Amendment), I'm also not interested in a board where expatriated members of other boards are free to bring their brainwashing with them, and let it cause them to attack members here who are simply voicing objectively inoffensive opinions.

Note:  With few exceptions, I probably have more posts on the Secrets board than you do.  I was at the soft opening and the grand opening, was there for a huge number of parties and Sunday "members' meetings", and spent more than my share of time and money in the place.  I was friendly with ALL the owners, most of the mamasangs, many of the staff, a plethora of the "VIPs" and hangers-on there, and, when I owned a bar around the corner, I literally used to empty my bar into Secrets occasionally, personally leading my own customers from my bar into theirs.  Few if any of the sycophants from that board made a FRACTION of the contributions to the success of the bar that I did.

Almost NONE of the Secrets expats who have migrated to this board has ANY standing from which to criticize or judge me in this regard.  Therefore, I'd appreciate it if you'd refrain from doing that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rompho Ray said:

Since your response is in a thread with my post, I'll respond:  That's exactly NOT what I did, nor is it something I almost ever do.  I very simply said that there were no Secrets logos in the pics posted up to that point.  And, judging from the responses to my post, I must have been right when I posted it, since NO response at that time included any sort of effort to point out where I was mistaken.

Maybe this board should have been a bit more careful about accepting so many members from the former Secrets board, considering how many seem to want to bring the pro-Secrets Stalinist-style censorship from that board along with them.  While I'm not interested in a free-for-all board where anything, no matter how offensive or outrageous, is defended as "free speech" (a profound misreading of our First Amendment), I'm also not interested in a board where expatriated members of other boards are free to bring their brainwashing with them, and let it cause them to attack members here who are simply voicing objectively inoffensive opinions.

Note:  With few exceptions, I probably have more posts on the Secrets board than you do.  I was at the soft opening and the grand opening, was there for a huge number of parties and Sunday "members' meetings", and spent more than my share of time and money in the place.  I was friendly with ALL the owners, most of the mamasangs, many of the staff, a plethora of the "VIPs" and hangers-on there, and, when I owned a bar around the corner, I literally used to empty my bar into Secrets occasionally, personally leading my own customers from my bar into theirs.  Few if any of the sycophants from that board made a FRACTION of the contributions to the success of the bar that I did.

Almost NONE of the Secrets expats who have migrated to this board has ANY standing from which to criticize or judge me in this regard.  Therefore, I'd appreciate it if you'd refrain from doing that.

:default_071: