Jump to content
Skalliwag

Gardening

Recommended Posts

A real hobby of mine.Does anyone else garden.

time of year here now where I have started my seeds and tilled the garden beds.

Still exciting to see those seedlings come up.👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Used to do it, but never seemed to have the time to keep things up proper. Became a chore rather than enjoyment.

 

Now I have the time, and interest.... but live in a place that doesn't have a yard.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

trees and flowers no prblem, but i fail at all western veg.  not sure, I think direct sun.. but even tomatoes that an idiot can grow in the UK.. grow well, then bolt and wilt.  bit like me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flowers ... I am getting pretty good ...

I have tried many times to grow tomatoes here ... no luck ...  plus, why waste my time when vegetables are cheap as chips here ...

A couple ...

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0437.JPG

IMG_0438.JPG

IMG_0873.JPG

  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to maintain a very nice garden and lawn in the UK but i just find it too damn hot here in Thailand, i leave it to wifey and she's doing a great job taking care on a daily basis, i do get a team in once a month to do the donkey work.

P1000672.JPG

P1000689.JPG

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

When I lived there I had a nice collection of orchids hanging on the front porch. None of this mucking around with dirt.

The following is a stock photo but you get the idea.

 

Related image

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great pics guys.Seems like we do have some green thumbs around.

im a vegetable guy,and I grow all of the missus Thai chillies.

Nothing better than sitting on the deck,watching mama and the little one eating peas and beans directly off the vine.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I used to maintain a very nice garden and lawn in the UK but i just find it too damn hot here in Thailand, i leave it to wifey and she's doing a great job taking care on a daily basis, i do get a team in once a month to do the donkey work.

P1000672.JPG

P1000689.JPG

She seems quite content mate.👍

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sangsom said:

No, not interested and is a complete waste of my time trying 😜

Has that quiet content look,long gone from my missus face.lol.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont have the green touch, and frankly I am not interested.

Only thing I ever did was mowing the grass.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, tommy dee said:

trees and flowers no prblem, but i fail at all western veg.  not sure, I think direct sun.. but even tomatoes that an idiot can grow in the UK.. grow well, then bolt and wilt.  bit like me 

Try to find some of the disease resistant plants. May be more difficult to find over there though. Tomatoes can be trickier than people think. Sometimes too much water can get them. If dry you can at least water them yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I used to maintain a very nice garden and lawn in the UK but i just find it too damn hot here in Thailand, i leave it to wifey and she's doing a great job taking care on a daily basis, i do get a team in once a month to do the donkey work.

P1000672.JPG

P1000689.JPG

Damn nice set up Pump. I'd be proud of that and happy to look at it every day. Well done.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Damn nice set up Pump. I'd be proud of that and happy to look at it every day. Well done.

@Pumpuynarak's colonial mansion is very nice indeed ! 

Just need to move it closer to the beach now ! 🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️🏄‍♀️🏄‍♀️

 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

Just need to move it closer to the beach now ! 🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️🏄‍♀️🏄‍♀️

Bingo, if i'd had my time again we'd be living in Hua Hin but then maybe wifey would'nt be so happy lol

I've always lived/worked by the sea and really do miss it (Southampton, Bournemouth, Plymouth, Torquay)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Bingo, if i'd had my time again we'd be living in Hua Hin but then maybe wifey would'nt be so happy lol

I've always lived/worked by the sea and really do miss it (Southampton, Bournemouth, Plymouth, Torquay)

Same for me. Presence of the sea / ocean is a must.

 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_0301.JPG

59 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Same for me. Presence of the sea / ocean is a must.

 

Goes without saying for me ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

I've got a nice garden just 6 minutes from Walking Street. It was professionally designed by the same people who did the garden at the Sketch Book Art Cafe in Jomtien. I just move the odd plant six inches every now and then, I've got gardeners who come and do the actual work. I love having the green space to look out on, and in the tropics it's all year-round, no depressing winter grey. 

CIMG2984.JPGCIMG2986.JPGCIMG2987.JPG

Very nice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I had some great times in there, i really liked Louis, he always made sure i was looked after by the gals🤩

 

16 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

I've got a nice garden just 6 minutes from Walking Street. It was professionally designed by the same people who did the garden at the Sketch Book Art Cafe in Jomtien. I just move the odd plant six inches every now and then, I've got gardeners who come and do the actual work. I love having the green space to look out on, and in the tropics it's all year-round, no depressing winter grey. 

CIMG2984.JPGCIMG2986.JPGCIMG2987.JPG

Do you get any snakes 

I have a large back garden with pool that had around 30 trees bushes etc but over the last 3 months I have had to extract around 12 snakes and a few of them quite dangerous 

having small children I decided safety first so tore everything up and laid coloured sandwash

leaving me with a bright color  pool area back garden  but 100% safe as no where for the snakes to hide .

 

 

F22BC914-776B-44E6-8A3A-D6F2A9148A9C.jpeg

FA35B1F7-96F0-467C-9F81-886CB62FFA7E.jpeg

E45924A0-160D-44EC-962A-7EB4070ECE32.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wrong thread should be in gardening thread. As at work my children who are social media giants are not here to guide me so have no idea how to move 

 

Mod to the thread pleas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

I've got a nice garden just 6 minutes from Walking Street. It was professionally designed by the same people who did the garden at the Sketch Book Art Cafe in Jomtien. I just move the odd plant six inches every now and then, I've got gardeners who come and do the actual work. I love having the green space to look out on, and in the tropics it's all year-round, no depressing winter grey. 

CIMG2984.JPGCIMG2986.JPGCIMG2987.JPG

Very nice indeed TB. How do ya keep your grass looking like grass ? mines gradually dying despite regular watering.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tony Justice said:

 

Do you get any snakes 

I have a large back garden with pool that had around 30 trees bushes etc but over the last 3 months I have had to extract around 12 snakes and a few of them quite dangerous 

having small children I decided safety first so tore everything up and laid coloured sandwash

leaving me with a bright color  pool area back garden  but 100% safe as no where for the snakes to hide .

 

 

F22BC914-776B-44E6-8A3A-D6F2A9148A9C.jpeg

FA35B1F7-96F0-467C-9F81-886CB62FFA7E.jpeg

E45924A0-160D-44EC-962A-7EB4070ECE32.jpeg

Very nice Tony, that sandwash could be a problem if mines anything to go by, mines been down 11 years and i was cleaning it once a year with a jetwash and then i realised the jetwash was removing the material so had to stop, now it looks dirty and awful. I'm thinking of putting down small gravel on top. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This rain is helping keepin it clean and as there is no soil dirt hopefully it will keep that way either way if I get 10 years out of it I will be happy 🙂

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...