Sign in to follow this  
Lanzalad

Kev in Thailand.. any update..?

I was following Kev in Thailand who is one of the Thailand main vloggers.

He was diagnosed with cancer not so long ago and he has been undergoing treatment for this in Thailand.

He hasn't posted on both for a while and i'm guessing the chemotherapy and radiotherapy has worn him out.. 

Here's his Youtube and facebook pages.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVXPv9Zg34vrexMMlmwLnXQ/videos

https://www.facebook.com/kevinthailandpage/

Would be good to have an update and I really do hope he is doing well and responding to the treatment.

• Like 2

his gofundme page is doing well ...https://www.gofundme.com/help-kev-in-thailand-beat-cancer?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_co_shareflow_w&fbclid=IwAR0CyzE7kxe917Y-b9PsTyvbU764NsocNCad5mM0XdWWQ7kWb6UzY-PHytg

he did a vlog about not having insurance a while back iirc ...

another e-begger Thailand Rob has been doing updates , trying to build up traffic on his site as well ....

All the best to him, I’ve only watched a few of his vids but he comes across as a kind and informative gent. Damn cancer, it just took one of my best mates at 44. Breast cancer, apparently one in 1000 cases are in men, and he got it.  He was a cabbie and an airline employee, drove me to the airport my first trip to Thailand. 

• Like 1

Two weeks ago he was still in hospital having treatment.  Not had any updates since.

Just shows the need for all of us to always have medical coverage for our extended trips no matter how short or long. Mines still ridiculously cheap for annual cover frankly what any of us might spend in any Go Go over course of an hour or two

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, RR007 said:

Just shows the need for all of us to always have medical coverage for our extended trips no matter how short or long. Mines still ridiculously cheap for annual cover frankly what any of us might spend in any Go Go over course of an hour or two

The cost is nothing if holidaying and getting a annual policy against full cover living in Thailand.

In 2013 for a years cover for my self living in Thailand was 40,000 baht I guess it would be much more now six years down the line and could be double for someone over 60.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know for a fact he would be treated more or less as soon as they knew he had cancer regardless to what’s been paid in to the UK system.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Another reason to not cut ties with you home Country imho , pretty sure if I was seriously sick I would want long-term treatment back in Britain 

Absolutely and with "patient access" being rolled out across the uk to keep in online contact with your doctors practice it so easy to keep in contact and stay on those all important patient lists.

I was a "tester" at mine end of 2017 when they were rolling it out absolutely brilliant you can even see what all the sarky doctors have written about you as a kid lol

28 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

I know for a fact he would be treated more or less as soon as they knew he had cancer regardless to what’s been paid in to the UK system.

Yes I think your right , someone I know , was in Thailand full time for about ten years , he left U.K. when was in his early 40's .....returned home with cirrhosis , was taken care of and even managed to get a transplant  

52 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

The cost is nothing if holidaying and getting a annual policy against full cover living in Thailand.

Yes appreciate that but even so £47 for annual cover for someone in their 50s for unlimited trips but maximum 60 days on any individual one is decent all around. 9th year been with this crew couple claims as well all sorted minimum fuss. One cancellation on flight and one occasion 3 nights in Memorial. First occasion £50 excess but on hospital occasion wasn't even charged that. Paid direct in full

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RR007 said:

You call that cheap? :default_beer:

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, monkeyman said:

You call that cheap? :default_beer:

lol lets say 2000 Baht at current exchange rates.....😎

3 minutes ago, RR007 said:

lol lets say 2000 Baht at current exchange rates.....😎

So that'd be about £500 then.    :default_cry:

22 minutes ago, monkeyman said:

So that'd be about £500 then.    :default_cry:

Put the figures in your calculator again!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I hope Kev is doing well. I met him a couple of times at his meets in the Hideaway and he's a decent bloke. 

3 hours ago, RR007 said:

Yes appreciate that but even so £47 for annual cover for someone in their 50s for unlimited trips but maximum 60 days on any individual one is decent all around. 9th year been with this crew couple claims as well all sorted minimum fuss. One cancellation on flight and one occasion 3 nights in Memorial. First occasion £50 excess but on hospital occasion wasn't even charged that. Paid direct in full

Yes that great for a holiday insurance but it just doesn't cut it as an expat insurance living in Thailand..

3 hours ago, RR007 said:

Who do you use please?

3 hours ago, Bazle said:

Put the figures in your calculator again!

Just a matter of time..... :default_bitenails:

CHATTED WITH HIM YESTERDY.. he is back home here in the city now but having daily treatment in bkk.  says he is doing well

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Lanzalad said:

In 2013 for a years cover for my self living in Thailand was 40,000 baht I guess it would be much more now six years down the line and could be double for someone over 60.

Try that when over 60....  

11 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Another reason to not cut ties with you home Country imho , pretty sure if I was seriously sick I would want long-term treatment back in Britain 

Agreed. Any SERIOUS medical issue I would be back home.

Of course, at a certain age what is "long term" ?

When retiring I thought about having a full medical check up. Not done it, not intending to do it anymore.

66, never took any medecine, still standing even after having a bit of.a crazy live. 

Let nature do its job. Inshallah....

If in the future fate hits me with something "terminal" I will do the necessary to not be a burden to my companion.

I may sound harsh, but all those "fund me" things seriously get on my nerves.

So, you play the hero on screen for years, and when shit hits the fan you beg your viewers ? ?

2nd Bintang open.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, RR007 said:

Myself and all my guys use Multitrip based in Wales.

https://www.multitrip.com/

That site keeps re-directing me to it's Irish site when I try  to get a quote - is there a way to force it to stay on the UK site or does it work straight up for you?

I'm interested as I've had annual cover for years but max 30 days each trip, and I've two trips now in the last few months well over that. Insure and Go wouldn't extend the cover, even for a fee.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, KWA said:

That site keeps re-directing me to it's Irish site when I try  to get a quote - is there a way to force it to stay on the UK site or does it work straight up for you?

I'm interested as I've had annual cover for years but max 30 days each trip, and I've two trips now in the last few months well over that. Insure and Go wouldn't extend the cover, even for a fee.

KWA am not sure about the redirect. Each year they send the renewal premium by Email about a month before its due and you can accept or otherwise so dont actually go on the site. Try it a different way which is how I found them originally. Go on Travel Supermarket (or one of the other comparison sites) and try it that way specifying you want 60 day options (or more)

Thats how I came across them originally. My premiums have hardly changed it was in the £40's when I started and was only £47 and change on renewal last October after 9 years

As I said earlier couple claims sorted very well with no issues in that period

Edited by RR007

4 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Try that when over 60....  

Agreed. Any SERIOUS medical issue I would be back home.

Of course, at a certain age what is "long term" ?

....2nd Bintang open.

I consider this my home.  so would not be flying back to the UK if I were sick.  yes i have cover, for which I am grateful, also a thai SS card for hosptials here as a backup, thru working legally.

for anyone settled here, this is home.  the mother country is nice for visits, but not a place i would want to live in ft again

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this