How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Yesitisdakid

Let's take a ride in the back of a pickup truck

I can't even watch it.

I remember a few years back when they had either pics or a vid of a pick up that had just rolled with a bunch of people in it. Awful to see.

What the hell was he listening to, comedy show? Anyway, looks like it could have been much worse

not many people stopped to help. hang on no one stopped to help

It'll don't want to look as I've seen a few in the past.

They should put a stop too it.

Posted (edited)

I'm with @Jamboi don't get why people need to post or watch this stuff like its some sort of fooking entertainment,watching people get hurt or killed.Not watched the video but can guess the content.

Same with the pricks at work,always showing videos like the mosque massacre in New Zealand recently,like its some fooking movie.

The internet is messing a lot of people up.In the past they would help people at an accident scene,now they just wanna film it to be the first to get likes for it.

Fooking mental.

Edited by galenkia
  • Like 3
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

I didnt watch it either. 

I find it kind of ironic that it's illegal to ride in the back of a pickup truck in Thailand.... but the emergency service people use them as ambulances at accident sites and cops use them to haul off people they just arrested 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

I didnt watch it either. 

I find it kind of ironic that it's illegal to ride in the back of a pickup truck in Thailand.... but the emergency service people use them as ambulances at accident sites and cops use them to haul off people they just arrested 

But bautbus's are nothing but pickup trucks with benches and a top.

10 hours ago, thumper63 said:

I didnt watch it either. 

When you live here for any length of time you get used to seeing the aftermath of motoring accidents particularly motorbikes where it is a daily occurance. You become almost imune to seeing riders laying in the road or lifted to the pavement waiting for an "ambulance" to arrive. I know I have seen a number of riders who were apparently dead. I doubt if there is any ex-pat who does not know of somebody they know of personally who has been killed on a motorbike.

My personal adverse "attitude" to using such video clips as "Entertainment" was simply because one day driving back from golf near the Regents School I witnessed right in front of me a motorcyclist wiped out by a truck which did a u-turn through the central reservation and hit the speeding motorbike side on. The guy on the motorcycle was killed instantly of that there was no doubt. The motorcycle sort of disintegrated so you can imagine what happened to the rider. I had never witnessed anybody actually killed in a violent way and I found it profoundly upsetting.

It has never stopped me riding my own wee  Honda every day but I do have an 8 inch scar on my left knee as a reminder of the danger. :default_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Jambo said:

When you live here for any length of time you get used to seeing the aftermath of motoring accidents particularly motorbikes where it is a daily occurance. You become almost imune to seeing riders laying in the road or lifted to the pavement waiting for an "ambulance" to arrive. I know I have seen a number of riders who were apparently dead. I doubt if there is any ex-pat who does not know of somebody they know of personally who has been killed on a motorbike.

My personal adverse "attitude" to using such video clips as "Entertainment" was simply because one day driving back from golf near the Regents School I witnessed right in front of me a motorcyclist wiped out by a truck which did a u-turn through the central reservation and hit the speeding motorbike side on. The guy on the motorcycle was killed instantly of that there was no doubt. The motorcycle sort of disintegrated so you can imagine what happened to the rider. I had never witnessed anybody actually killed in a violent way and I found it profoundly upsetting.

It has never stopped me riding my own wee  Honda every day but I do have an 8 inch scar on my left knee as a reminder of the danger. :default_biggrin:

Worst one Ive personally seen was 2 school kids (16 yr old girls heading to school as it turned) have a truck merge into them and they went under it and turned to pulp, I was about 20m behind the truck and seen it all.... and had to swerve violently to avoid the aftermath.

One  of my staff was a rescue guy when not at work and he was late that morning for obvious reasons... he actually quit being a rescue guy after that one.

Its not just in Thailand tho, out in the provinces in the Philippines you will often see a jeepney stop at a school at home time. Children pile out and clamber onto the roof, the jeepney takes off down the road. Always gave me a horrible feeling to see it. 

Posted (edited)

This is one of the differences here. 

As you know I travel Bali to the jungle every month, well I seldom saw an accident. The few (maybe 3 or 4 over a year) were trucks in the ditch, driver obviously falling asleep.

Not yet seen any bad motorcycle accident.

The main difference is the driving attitude, here they are way more relaxed, and easier to give way than Thais who are very aggressive drivers and no brain.

Now, I am speaking about Bali and East Java, no idea about other regions , other islands.

And when you at the world records, Indonesia is in a way better position than Thailand. Not that it is difficult considering Thailand has one the top worst scores.

Sadly when seeing all those videos, 90% of the accidents in Thailand are due to plain stupidity.

Edited by Thai Spice

Over the Songkran festival period, police has eased restrictions for people to ride in the back of a pick up truck.

@galenkia agree what you say mate... especially about when anything occurs all reach for the phone to film it to upload on social media instead of seeing if they could help.

cheers

Posted (edited)

If you have seen the clip you can see the 4x4 suddenly moves into the left lane and is rear ended by the vehicle driving in that lane that has the cam that has recorded the impact.

There is a vehicle stopped at the side of the road and it would appear that the 4x4 having just seen it decides to pull over to it.

Anyway thats my take on it.  My point is if the vehicle that hit the 4x4 did not have a cam to show the event then it would have been almost impossible to deny responsibility 

as normally a rear end hit on a straight road the fault is with the vehicle that has hit the front one.

JDM

Edited by JDM

Also tailing at high speed is a massive problem in Thailand and i've had trucks up my arse while i'm doing 120 and they have been maybe a few feet away from me..

Top tip:-  if this happens and they insist on tailing you and will not backing off ... instead on touching the brakes so the lights come on switch your lights on and watch them in your rear view mirror slam on the brakes and back off... 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

^^^^  I just get out of the way .... no reason to play games ... 

Not always the case... have you seen some of the slow lanes up north... no one uses then as many are completely full of pot holes due to the big trucks..

No .. I never go up north in Thailand ... except Chiang Mai every 3 - 4 months for a couple days to work in a couple of hospitals there  ... no where else up north ...

Strictly a southern Thailand guy ...

I've seen too much carnage over 30 years in L.E. I don't care to see anymore, when possible.

People who are into watching that stuff have no clue, and are deficient with many things in their sorry lives.

• Like 3

I don,t think it looked too serious, sure they were shook up and battered and bruised, I think the videos are some use as true education about the dangers on the road. Does,nt seem to have had too much positive effect though.
No proper training. Mirror, signal, manouvre just does,nt feature into their lessons or tests.

Sent from my SM-J610F using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I've seen too much carnage over 30 years in L.E. I don't care to see anymore, when possible.

People who are into watching that stuff have no clue, and are deficient with many things in their sorry lives.

Same same. I don't even look as we pass accidents that have already taken place. I look straight ahead, no need to see pain and suffering. Death is always all around us it seems.