RR007

Stickman today.....

The punters money at the end of the day fair enough but it sends out unfortunately the message that all farang are loaded......just bloody stupid money in my opinion though. What the hell is "party hard" meant to mean if you're stuck in one venue for the night as well.

stick.png

24 minutes ago, RR007 said:

The punters money at the end of the day fair enough but it sends out unfortunately the message that all farang are loaded......just bloody stupid money in my opinion though. What the hell is "party hard" meant to mean if you're stuck in one venue for the night as well.

stick.png

You're quoting very selectively from his article, he lists 6 emails including the above, 4 readers responses that 180 baht is a rip-off, one replying it depends on the venue you and entertainment (I'd personally agree here) and the one dissenter, that you've quoted.

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

You're quoting very selectively from his article, he lists 6 emails including the above, 4 readers responses that 180 baht is a rip-off, one replying it depends on the venue you and entertainment (I'd personally agree here) and the one dissenter, that you've quoted.

What you on about lol...

I haven't selectively picked anything.  I'm picking up on one geezers spending thats all

5 minutes ago, RR007 said:

What you on about lol...

I haven't selectively picked anything.  I'm picking up on one geezers spending thats all

Sorry my misread- I saw the headline about Stickman and thought you were talking about his article sending out the wrong message,(which it didn't) rather than one single punters view.

It that was your point, I wouldn't see the customer base of What's Up being representative of the average Pattaya punter. Place has been charging eye-watering amounts for as long as I remember and still been rammed.

15k baht and not take one back to the "loom" 

Better him then me......that's for sure.

8 hours ago, Stickman said:

Talk about taking a quote out of context!

In the previous week's column I asked readers what they thought about the average price for a beer in a Bangkok gogo bar which now run about 180 baht.

Many readers responded and their comments filled the emails section in this week's column. Most felt that 180 baht for a beer in a gogo bar is too much.

With regards to this quote, for starters, those words are not mine but clearly listed in the Stick's Inbox section i.e. an email from a reader.

I ran this particular email as I felt it was important for balance. Copying and pasting as you did without context makes it sound like these are my words, which they are not.

lol rest assured chap you'll get no more free publicity from me. Its clearly not YOU nor did I remotely give any indication it was you. Why you are talking about Bangkok here either in your quoted post I dont know. This is a Pattaya based forum and the paragragh copied and pasted was in full. It also clearly states its about Whats Up.

Think that covers it

10 minutes ago, RR007 said:

This is a Pattaya based forum....

Nope.  Its much more global than that, luckily.

Have a look at the very early post about the creation of this forum.

Besides that 180b is ridiculous, but its not my problem anymore. 

And anybody who spend 15k just to have a few bargirls around him and touching a few asses, well no need to say more.....

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, RR007 said:

lol rest assured chap you'll get no more free publicity from me. Its clearly not YOU nor did I remotely give any indication it was you. Why you are talking about Bangkok here either in your quoted post I dont know. This is a Pattaya based forum and the paragragh copied and pasted was in full. It also clearly states its about Whats Up.

Think that covers it

Judging by the number of positive likes and thumbs up on @Stickman's post there are a few, including me, that would disagree with your assertion that you didn't give any indication it was a a quote attributed to Stickman. Without some indication, or reference in your post that the quote came from an email sent to Stick the topic title leads readers to believe it was a quote from Stickman himself.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, RR007 said:

Think that covers it

When did this forum become Pattaya based ?

14 hours ago, Yessongs said:

15k baht and not take one back to the "loom" 

Better him then me......that's for sure.

Not something I would do however for some 15k is pocket change.

JDM

• Like 1

Right clearly others think I was wrong so I hereby apologise. Period

• Thumbs Up 7

46 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Through gritted teeth 🤣

No. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

Correct.

This forum was created for many reasons and one of the main reasons was due to the limited audience a Pattaya forum has to offer hence the the forum name.

I have chatted to other members regarding this and where we are heading.. and we don't want to be branded a Pattaya "mongers" forum.

There's so much more out there and Thailand has to offer and why not try to cover the whole of Thailand.

Quite right.

There are plenty of other areas to go mongering in than just Pattaya just none as good. :default_drinks:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Lanzalad said:

Correct.

This forum was created for many reasons and one of the main reasons was due to the limited audience a Pattaya forum has to offer hence the the forum name.

I have chatted to other members regarding on where the forum is heading and we don't want to be branded a Pattaya "mongers" forum.

There's so much more out there that Thailand has to offer and why not try to cover the whole of Thailand.

Thai festivals in the UK and Temples I heard ...

• Haha 5

Beer and women are more expensive here as it’s not some third world brothel any more.
On a brighter note, I got a mention from Stickman. Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, misteregg said:

Beer and women are more expensive here as it’s not some third world brothel any more.
On a brighter note, I got a mention from Stickman. Thanks

You’ve had several from me,and quite frankly,they hold more weight.😊😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/15/2019 at 3:21 PM, Lanzalad said:

There's so much more out there that Thailand has to offer and why not try to cover the whole of Thailand.

No shit .... once a person can stop drinking the Patts koolaide .. there is a shit load of super good looking women to be had and an endless supply of very cold Leo's .. I won't even mention the beaches ....

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On a comparative basis then 15,000thb (£362 / US$470) for a night with 2/3/4 girls in a gogo, even if the guy didn't bf any of them, is still pretty good value compared to how much partying with girls in a western strip club all night would cost. Not been to What's Up for a long time myself but I recks that the partying there would be a lot more 'friendly' than in a western club as well. 

But, still, the same 15,000thb would buy more of a party with potentially even more girls if spent in various other ways; then again it could also buy a much longer party with one chosen girl. Up to you! As they say 😉

The fact that all those options are still readily available, even if the prices aren't as low as they once were in Pattaya, and other places in the LoS, is surely still reason to smile along too 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/15/2019 at 12:17 PM, RR007 said:

Think that covers it

Here's me thinking the forum was called Thailand 247 or am I missing something?

Edit : Didn't see Lanza's answer to you ,but anyway....

Edited by roomark

On 4/15/2019 at 5:41 PM, Krapow said:

Thai festivals in the UK and Temples I heard ...

Terrible those UK festivals 🙈🙈🙈🤣

• Haha 1