• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Lanzalad

Rasta / reggae bars.

Been in the one on walking St a few years a go and we was with friends and i felt by the time i left i had a belly full of the music.. 

For me its ok having the odd song played now and then but i cant do with a night of Rasta / Reggae music.

I've noticed on FB there's a new Rasta bar open called Trench Town Rasta Bar in Soi Yamato 13/1.

Not for me but Is it your kinda place.. ?

Shot from FB:-

55622775_404291547066464_3725116970811523072_n.jpg

Like the music but as a bar not for me, just too fake- I know Pattaya's hardly mirrors reality but Trenchtown? Ok on Electric Avenue but definitely not for me in Patts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Like the music but as a bar not for me, just too fake- I know Pattaya's hardly mirrors reality but Trenchtown? Ok on Electric Avenue but definitely not for me in Patts.

1+ all the way..

I've seen reggae bars pop up in many countries.

In Pattaya there's Irish themed bars, Mod/Ska Culture scooter bars, Rock bars, Hookah bars (though they may have been closed) etc etc.

Is it Thai or farang run?

Did the new place used to be Office Girls? It must be somewhere in that vicinity. That end of the Soi gets a bit dodgy with feral LBs late on.

11 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I've seen reggae bars pop up in many countries.

In Pattaya there's Irish themed bars, Mod/Ska Culture scooter bars, Rock bars, Hookah bars (though they may have been closed) etc etc.

Is it Thai or farang run?

Agree but you do get the odd Irishman  (some very odd..)in Patts, plus Mods, Rockers & Arabs- yet to spot a Rasta though 😀

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Agree but you do get the odd Irishman  (some very odd..)in Patts, plus Mods, Rockers & Arabs- yet to spot a Rasta though 😀

True, well, I've seen a few dreads in Thailand, though can't remember one in Pattaya.

It is definitely a walk straight pass moment for me, can't stand reggae or any music closely associated with it. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

It is definitely a walk straight pass moment for me, can't stand reggae or any music closely associated with it. 

Just listen to the lyrics of some of Bob Marley's songs. Some of them are so good, you will accept the music as something completely fitting. And the nice thing is, that it is very easy to dance on salsa, soca, merengue and reggae.

Edited by Freee!!
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Freee!! said:

Just listen to the lyrics of some of Bob Marley's songs. Some of them are so good, you will accept the music as something completely fitting. And the nice thing is, that it is very easy to dance on salsa, soca, merengue and reggae.

Trust me, I can't stand reggae music and I couldn't care less about the lyrics.  I would see it as torture and I don't like torture.

A bit like Jazz, can't stand that either.

I listen to Smooth FM and Magic FM, as soon as a Bob Marley song comes on it is switched to another station.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Trust me, I can't stand reggae music and I couldn't care less about the lyrics.  I would see it as torture and I don't like torture.

A bit like Jazz, can't stand that either.

I listen to Smooth FM and Magic FM, as soon as a Bob Marley song comes on it is switched to another station.

I'm the same it drives me mad song after song and i'll not sit in a place and pay for booze.

I don't mind a bit of SKA music 

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:13 AM, Lemondropkid said:

Genius

Yes. And some great reggae music/bands. Used to go to a club in Chicago once in a while.... great vibe and music.

The comparison to Irish bars is a good one. No Irish bar in Pattaya reminds me of any authentic bar in Ireland.
Most of the music played in Reggae bars in Patts is party reggae. Not genuine Jamaican stuff.
Fair play and good luck to the two lads who have set up this bar. I know them and they’re nice kids.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

19 minutes ago, misteregg said:

Fair play and good luck to the two lads who have set up this bar. I know them and they’re nice kids.

Thais?

• Like 1

Is this a second bar being opened by the same people? There as been a "Trench Town Rasta Bar" on Soi Buakhao for 2 years now. Like Mr. Egg says - I never heard any Burning Spear, Culture,  Dennis Brown, Toots and the Maytals or Israel Vibration tunes coming out of that place. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

Is this a second bar being opened by the same people? There as been a "Trench Town Rasta Bar" on Soi Buakhao for 2 years now.

Just what I was thinking.  Same name, same logo and colouring.  I've been past the old one lots of times and if the new has the same volume I won't be in it.

• Like 1

Is this a second bar being opened by the same people? There as been a "Trench Town Rasta Bar" on Soi Buakhao for 2 years now. Like Mr. Egg says - I never heard any Burning Spear, Culture,  Dennis Brown, Toots and the Maytals or Israel Vibration tunes coming out of that place. 

Just Bob Marley and Peter Andre

Sign in to follow this