• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
banchang100

Who’s working who’s not?

I’m working, on a 4/4 week rota basis,commuting to the North Sea from Thailand, that’s the big downside. The only plus is I can visit mum quite regularly. I can’t stand being in the Uk.

I'm Public Sector scum in Cosmopolitan and diverse London. 

Just to really wind up the 24/7 Right Wingers :default_biggrin:

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 2

Not long before i head to work at a warehouse.Regular hours are 2pm to 10.30pm,but we are busy at the moment so have overtime.Probably start 12.30pm.Only a quick 2 mile ride to work.Always try to live close to work.Don't like long commutes,especially on the bike if the weather is crap.

• Thumbs Up 2

Retired on 2nd April 2014.
Early at 53yrs. No regrets yet. Enjoying life but mindful of sticking to a budget which has not got any easier these last couple of years.

Sent from my ASUS_X013DA using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Running my own small Graphic Design, Web Design and Print Brokerage.  Due to retire in June but being a single Dad with a 9 year old it's not an option. Enjoy immensely what I do with 100's of regularly returning customers so no need to tramp the streets looking for new business... welcome though when they turn up.  Work from a studio at home so no commute and always around for any problems with the wee one.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, ArtyGraph said:

Running my own small Graphic Design, Web Design and Print Brokerage.  Due to retire in June but being a single Dad with a 9 year old it's not an option. Enjoy immensely what I do with 100's of regularly returning customers so no need to tramp the streets looking for new business... welcome though when they turn up.  Work from a studio at home so no commute and always around for any problems with the wee one.

Any good at Carpentry websites?

Just now, Krapow said:

Any good at Carpentry websites?

Done one for a now ex-member here. :default_blush:  Had to switch it off and return his money when he kept calling me a c**t!   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, ArtyGraph said:

Done one for a now ex-member here. :default_blush:  Had to switch it off and return his money when he kept calling me a c**t!   

Boom!

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 2

I passed 65 last August.I hadn't worked since Jan 2017 & had all but given up(I am a licensed aircraft tech & you are supposed to have 6 months certifying in the last 2 years to retain currency on type)when whilst in Korat last year I had a call about a job 30 miles from my front door.Now most of my life I've been a contractor working away from home so I jumped at this.Since then I've done about 4 months on & off.Told them that if they need me to give me a call,I won't be going anywhere else.Helps that I know just about everyone there from previous jobs.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am currently unemployed, having finished as a taxi driver last Thursday. 

Being the week before Easter, my timing for this could have been better. I am hoping to start in a new industry in the next few weeks.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 years in the Pattaya bar business was enough for me. I enjoyed it but you know when the time is right to get out. Retired June 24th 2018

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

Retired and work occasionally if I get offered a contract. I have slowed down a lot, and put on weight since stopping work, but life is so different now and I have more time for family,  music and slobbing out on the sofa when I fancy it. 

It's strange, when I was working full time, I could not wait for my next holiday in Pattaya, but these days, I just go when I fancy it and no need to book around work schedules. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

I'm Public Sector scum in Cosmopolitan and diverse London. 

Just to really wind up the 24/7 Right Wingers :default_biggrin:

I don't envy you bud., haha talking of right wingers......I've swallowed so many red pills since I cheered for obama in 2008. I'm woke.

Working .... I have a software businesses .. so, I seem to work every day regardless of where I am ..  I love it ... so not a problem ....

• Like 2

I've been retired for almost 15 years and haven't hit a lick since. My friends told me I'd be bored to death. How wrong they were. I'm actually very good at being lazy.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Retired 20years ago but after 3 months i was so bored i started up my own co in waste disposal ( glorified way of saying i spent most of my time driving rubbish trucks) sold out 18 months ago now doing night shifts as a fitter at a meat works

Oh yes when i hit 65 in a couple of years i might cut back my hours to 40 a week from 60

• Haha 1

35 years in the Corporate World in Tech here working in Marketing in Calif. Retired at 58, got married, moved to Bangkok and was a good decision. 

Luckily having travelled to some of the countries for business in SE Asia was a good experience, that is how I found Thailand, the wife and the rest is history.

• Thumbs Up 1

I got sacked in yr 2000 at age of 40. Never worked for a company again, but I do have properties that I rent out. spent the last 20yrs renovating and changing the way I rent them.    

Posted (edited)

Coming up to one year of retirement , best thing ever .... 😉 

Edited by Stillearly
  • Thumbs Up 2

Still working - currently working in higher education, running the IT for a college lots virtual servers and a lot of tin, but looking to move some of this to the cloud just trying to work out costs, licenses for next 5 years also looking to go virtual desktop (Windows 10) currently looking at Citrix and Azure. As my ex took me for everything I am currently back at my dads go figure that one at the age of 52 but thankfully the rent is cheap. 

Worked on Conventional and Nuclear Subs until 1986 (10 years from school including apprentice) entered self employment in finance in 1986 and as my mother still readily tells all her God Squad crew my eldest son hasnt done a days work since.

Since 86 just relied on ability in stocks and shares futures and options which has allowed me 4-5 months in Thailand annually. I could stay longer but enjoy the coast in Cornwall in Spring/Summer where I live

• Like 1