Clinton Plaza how many remember this place.

Yesitisdakid

Ricky that owns Pandora and was the first manager of baby dolls had rock-hard Go-Go there. Probably my best bar fine ever came from Dollhouse there. I remember sitting one afternoon with Daryl one of the owners. He gave me a lot of good information about how Thailand worked. Better days for sure

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Ricky that owns Pandora and was the first manager of baby dolls had rock-hard Go-Go there. Probably my best bar fine ever came from Dollhouse there. I remember sitting one afternoon with Daryl one of the owners. He gave me a lot of good information about how Thailand worked. Better days for sure

sad when he fell. odd he sky diver

5 minutes ago, BarryL said:

sad when he fell. odd he sky diver

a true unsolved mystery. Many painted it as he was whacked out from opioid painkillers when he fell (ankle injury in sky diving accident) but many others, including myself saw him 30 minutes prior on soi 15 as the Super Bowl ended and he looked just fine. Something just doesn't and never will add up there.

And you are right, very sad. A legend lost.

8 minutes ago, STARGAZER said:

a true unsolved mystery. Many painted it as he was whacked out from opioid painkillers when he fell (ankle injury in sky diving accident) but many others, including myself saw him 30 minutes prior on soi 15 as the Super Bowl ended and he looked just fine. Something just doesn't and never will add up there.

And you are right, very sad. A legend lost.

was odd. for long time weird people shard picturs of Daryl body after fall from may be 20 floors. make you think 

just lookagain and 39 floor.guess same thing but sad still picturs on internet

Edited by BarryL

Yep, remember it well ... would stop a couple of times a week at Checkpoint Charlies for a couple cold ones ...... Would also stop in the White House ( if I remember correctly ) now and then ... it was an okay place to start your night ....  I never finished the night there though ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

This map is how the complex ended up. In the very early days it was just a load of stand alone beer bars around the edges with a few more in the centre. There were no go-go bars.

I used to hang about in the Wild West bar which was either side of the left hand entrance. Suzy and Crazys was a fixture of the place from the start to finish. The toilets were back there next to their bar. I remember standing next to a guy both of us slashing away when a gecko ran up his arm and in shock he pissed all over me. Not pleasant.

When the complex was shut down most of the bar owners opened up briefly in the equally illegal patch of swamp on the opposite side of Suk that eventually became Chuwit Gardens. But that is another story.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, snakestabler said:

This map is how the complex ended up. In the very early days it was just a load of stand alone beer bars around the edges with a few more in the centre. There were no go-go bars.

I used to hang about in the Wild West bar which was either side of the left hand entrance. Suzy and Crazys was a fixture of the place from the start to finish. The toilets were back there next to their bar. I remember standing next to a guy both of us slashing away when a gecko ran up his arm and in shock he pissed all over me. Not pleasant.

When the complex was shut down most of the bar owners opened up briefly in the equally illegal patch of swamp on the opposite side of Suk that eventually became Chuwit Gardens. But that is another story.

So, I'm not the only one.     🤪

15 hours ago, Rompho Ray said:

Sat in on harmonica with a band called Cannonball in one of the (non-girly) bars there, forget the name.

Saw them a coupe of times on Clinton Plaza, used to have them in the Blues Factory often and of course you were a regular on stage.

🙂

Soi Zero .. what a blast I had in that place .. it was always my last stop on my way home .. at the time I lived on Soi Rumrudee right around the next corner and up the Soi from Soi Zero ...

I met a set of twins there at the Red Rooster  ... they were great in the sack ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1

My first time to Pattaya was July 2001 and would stay a few nights in Bangkok before going to Pattaya.

Clinton P was part of my initiation into Bangkok nightlife.

Was disappointed when it closed, along with a few other areas I enjoyed in my first few visits to Bangkok.

• 8 months later...