Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

That looks great, i am a big fan of corned beef.

& me,my missus does great corned beef fritters

& occasionally I cook a great corned beef hash

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I love ice cream....

d6782102-b4d1-4cba-936f-57c4e27b20c5.jpg

I have a weakness for ice cream too! I don't tend to allow myself to indulge as I am trying to loose weight.

However I did flag down an ice cream van last week whilst out on a 7 mile walk and treated myself to the largest 99 that he did.

IMG_20200526_42401.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I have a weakness for ice cream too! I don't tend to allow myself to indulge as I am trying to loose weight.

However I did flag down an ice cream van last week whilst out on a 7 mile walk and treated myself to the largest 99 that he did.

IMG_20200526_42401.jpg

My favourite 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Britboy said:

I love a 99 too, can't beat them.

Always wondered why "they" called it a 99 . . . 

Apparently it is so called because the majority of ice cream merchants in the fifties were Italian. The King of Italy had an elite bodyguard consisting of 99 men. So anything elite was called 99s by Italians. So they called the elite ice cream a 99.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Binlid said:

Apparently it is so called because the majority of ice cream merchants in the fifties were Italian. The King of Italy had an elite bodyguard consisting of 99 men. So anything elite was called 99s by Italians. So they called the elite ice cream a 99.

I may have just had my first ever "99" in the very late 50's . . . 

7 hours ago, boydeste said:

I thought I would have another play with the slow cooker. A couple of chicken breasts thrown in with some onion and a packet mix. A squirt of garlic and tomatoe puree. It's starting to smell nice!

It turned out much better than what I did before, the chicken was so tender and the flavour from the gravy was lovely. Will definitely do this again with similar ingredients.

IMG_20200527_12884.jpg

IMG_20200527_24562.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

11 minutes ago, boydeste said:

It turned out much better than what I did before, the chicken was so tender and the flavour from the gravy was lovely. Will definitely do this again with similar ingredients.

IMG_20200527_12884.jpg

IMG_20200527_24562.jpg

I bought a slow cooker when I was working but have never used it ... one day 55

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I bought a slow cooker when I was working but have never used it ... one day 55

I have had mine a few years and only used it 5 times I think. Been put off as I had never found it to keep much taste in the food when I have used it. This was my best effort and it took a few minutes to throw in the stuff and let it cook.

52 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I have had mine a few years and only used it 5 times I think. Been put off as I had never found it to keep much taste in the food when I have used it. This was my best effort and it took a few minutes to throw in the stuff and let it cook.

Love mine. Used it regularly when working, and have kept using it since. 

Did 2 lamb shanks in it yesterday. Tasted great

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Painter said:

Love mine. Used it regularly when working, and have kept using it since. 

Did 2 lamb shanks in it yesterday. Tasted great

What do you usually add to give the flavour other than salt and pepper?

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

IMG_20200527_12884.jpg

IMG_20200527_24562.jpg

That looks great mate. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, boydeste said:

What do you usually add to give the flavour other than salt and pepper?

It was another recipe from the dreaded YouTube.  Included stock, tomato puree, garlic, various herbs....

It was supposed to be cooked on low for 8 hours. However after 2 hours I wasn't smelling anything and found a slight user error..... I hadn't plugged it in! Cooked it for 3 hours on high and 3 on low instead...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Painter said:

It was another recipe from the dreaded YouTube.  Included stock, tomato puree, garlic, various herbs....

It was supposed to be cooked on low for 8 hours. However after 2 hours I wasn't smelling anything and found a slight user error..... I hadn't plugged it in! Cooked it for 3 hours on high and 3 on low instead...

That's exactly what I used today apart from the herbs were in the packet mix. Great result. I just put the remainder in the fridge for tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 1