Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

Dinner at the French cantine yesterday evening.

Chicken liver paté as starter, next steack for the Miss, and coq au vin for me.

IMG-20201006-WA0009_copy_1024x1820.jpg

20201009_182154_copy_1024x768.jpg

20201009_185526_copy_1024x768.jpg

20201009_185519_copy_1024x768.jpg

With a 250 cc of red wine and an ice tea, 320 k IDR (18 euro / 675 Thb)

Life is good !

Old normal is still the norm here, shook hands with some regulars, most table are for 4, no seats crossed out or any of this shit. (In fact the only place I saw this was in the bank)

Good to be amongst people with common sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

We braved this incredibly dangerous world again yesterday to have lunch at the beach cantine ...

Prawns and spring rolls as starter

20201011_113438_copy_768x576.jpg

20201011_113435_copy_768x576.jpg

Some local delicacy for the Miss

20201011_115105_copy_768x576.jpg

20201011_115442_copy_768x576.jpg

Chicken curry for me

20201011_115100_copy_768x576.jpg

And a crepe suzette..

20201011_121851_copy_768x1024.jpg

With a few glasses of red.

Had a whisky later at home to celebrate our heroism doing such a dangerous journey. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

jeez .. all of you guys are eating great .... some delicious food on display here .... I had a hard time just getting ka tom in my stomach this morning .. so fucking hung over ...  to much fun this weekend ... oh well .... tomorrow is a new day ... 

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

3 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

jeez .. all of you guys are eating great .... some delicious food on display here .... I had a hard time just getting ka tom in my stomach this morning .. so fucking hung over ...  to much fun this weekend ... oh well .... tomorrow is a new day ... 

Really bro, this is one of the reasons I decided 3 y ago to switch to "calm pensioners" or "good papa/mama" life.

The HKG nightlife in the last year nearly killed me, and it definitively would have done that if I hadn't changed. 

Arriving at a certain age, even if the spirit is still there, and the mind is 40 y , the body will remind you of the real numbers....

It sucks, it's fucking boring, but I think I found a good compromise here if I want to stay on this earth a few more years. 

Yeah, yeah, I know...once one starts to use the word "compromise" it says it all....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Last time I went picking mushrooms I was tripping my nuts off for 12 hours after. 

LOL .... LOL .. LOL ... I never went picking any but bought a shitload over the years  .. sure was a good sustaining high ... "rooms" and acid were always my favorite .. my senior year of college I think I "tripped" almost everyday for 1 year .. I was either super smart ( clued in ) or super dumb ..  I still can't figure out that period of my life ... not that it matters .... I survived ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

LOL .... LOL .. LOL ... I never went picking any but bought a shitload over the years  .. sure was a good sustaining high ... "rooms" and acid were always my favorite .. my senior year of college I think I "tripped" almost everyday for 1 year .. I was either super smart ( clued in ) or super dumb ..  I still can't figure out that period of my life ... not that it matters .... I survived ...

They were fun if you didn't do too many, because if you did it could get pretty bad. 

Used to pick them at Richmond Park around this time of year. 

24 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

OK I give up!  what is it?

It is a stir fry with vegetables and pineapple with cashew nuts served with chicken.

I don t know whether you have tried pineapple and cashew with stir fry but I think it works well.

Photographically it is missing green so I will add some green beans and broccoli next time.

John