Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

On 10/10/2020 at 4:39 AM, Toy Boy said:

I was so hungry I was already eating this before I thought of taking a snap! A grass-fed Hereford beef fillet steak, with mushroom, garlic and shallot gravy, garden peas and roast potatoes. I bring goose fat back with me from the UK to cook roasties, but I ran out of it some months ago and now I render my own duck fat. The GF buys me 2 kg of duck skins from the market and I get four jam jars of pure white duck fat out of it. Works just as well as goose fat and only costs a few quid, less than you'd pay for a single jar of goose fat back home. Oh well, that's one less thing I'll have to carry back with me when the virus finally dies down.

IMG_20201008_212216.jpg

Damn! You must have been practising balancing those peas on the edge of your plate for months. 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AJSP said:

Good haul which forest were they foraged from ?

A friend near us who has a very large private estate in Dorset, with thousands of acres of woodland. 
The ladies tend to go mob handed and sweep a different area every month or so. Luckily, several of them are experts on mushrooms, so they know which ones to avoid. 🤗

13 hours ago, KhunDon said:

The wife and friends went picking wild mushrooms yesterday, so it's mushroom stroganoff for tea tonight. :default_bbq:mushrooms.jpg

Risky.....how do you know which ones you can eat? We have a lot growing around here but many are poisonous and it’s hard to tell them apart. 😱

9 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Risky.....how do you know which ones you can eat? We have a lot growing around here but many are poisonous and it’s hard to tell them apart. 😱

I did say in my post that “several of them are experts on mushrooms and know which ones to avoid”.

They also have a reference book with photos in, showing poisonous  mushrooms.
Just in case  🤗

Edited by KhunDon

19 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Homemade vegetable and ham hock soup 

479084D5-9CA8-4EB8-B262-A0D971ED17C8.jpeg

Nice looks like a nice split pea soup. Nice and thick.

I go into Das Berliner every once in a while and get their pea soup. Not bad. More watery than what yours looks like, but still good.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 2:19 AM, thumper63 said:

Some of the stuff in my pantry that are top contenders for large helpings of cheese. I know that it's not that healthy but I sure like them from time to time.

20201009_131120.jpg

Van Camps  is the only canned chili I'll eat anymore, but it's hard to find. Hormel went downhill  a while back.

I could eat a can of tuna every day, but I don't.

chili.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Nice one Stew. The onions look marvelous, a nice twist of added flavor. Throw in some chopped garlic with those onions and   whaaa laa. Delicious !

I fry them and the steak in garlic olive oil, so does a similar job mate.