Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

Most of the Arab sandwich places here in Calgary do donair sandwiches. I like them, but always preferred the gyro souvlaki type that is more common out East in Montreal. Found a recipe online, could not believe how close it was to the restaurants’ versions.

A bit of prep involved, mainly the chicken marinade and letting it sit overnight. I used garlic naan, and the tzatziki was surprisingly quick and easy- just let the juice drain out of the cucumber 

3AB9B342-B73A-487D-A6F4-D469E7D663BD.jpeg

F7E07B93-04ED-4030-A7F1-DC9092541325.jpeg

FA20CD92-A651-4AB7-BD21-2E275003605A.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 3

Diavola pizza & Angkor beer 11 USD Oscar's Bistro Phnom Penh. Way too much caramelised onion on it, ended picking most of it off. Great other than that 😁, was stuffed after half of it. Buddhist holiday was observed yesterday but no restrictions on alcohol sales. 

IMG_20190219_182908.jpg

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Diavola pizza & Angkor beer 11 USD Oscar's Bistro Phnom Penh. Way too much caramelised onion on it, ended picking most of it off. Great other than that 😁, was stuffed after half of it. Buddhist holiday was observed yesterday but no restrictions on alcohol sales. 

IMG_20190219_182908.jpg

Looks better than any pie I had in Thailand, that’s for sure

5 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Ok, let me check my dictionnary for "pie" and "pizza" ?

And "caramelized onion.."

Or is it some exotic humor that I missed ?

Sacre bleu, en Amerique du Nord, we say “pie” as slang for pizza. By the way monsieur, my nephew just turned 18 and met his real papa in Paris, then on to Toulouse. He loved it, the photos of Toulouse were beautiful 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Sacre bleu, en Amerique du Nord, we say “pie” as slang for pizza. By the way monsieur, my nephew just turned 18 and met his real papa in Paris, then on to Toulouse. He loved it, the photos of Toulouse were beautiful 

Well, I learned something again !

Yes, Toulouse is a nice city. Capital of European aviation, but lets not go into that....hahaha.

1 minute ago, Thai Spice said:

Well, I learned something again !

Yes, Toulouse is a nice city. Capital of European aviation, but lets not go into that....hahaha.

That’s right, I was working nights in 2005, and just caught the maiden test flight of the A380 at 4 a.m

2 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Looks better than any pie I had in Thailand, that’s for sure

The Pizza in Hops on Beach Road have been pretty good in the past, better I'd say that what I had last night in Oskars Phnom Penh.  Would have happily shared last night's pizza, half of it would easily have fed me😀

25 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Home-made Carrot cake,light icing on too and a little yoghurt -delicious 3USD Feel Good Cafe St 136 Phnom Penh. Coffee is excellent here too. 

IMG_20190220_115215.jpg

Ages I since I had carrot cake, even forgot it existed.

I think last time was when I lived in Thailand.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:24 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

Szechuan chicken very nice fast and easy to prepare that's lunch5422eff0bb418a87906d68dcc1bd596b.jpg160ef50ca322b680f8471884a454e297.jpg039af539a088e663773816f200372b43.jpg

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Nice. 

I see you have the avocado seed in water. My mom used to do that once in a while, put it on the sill of the kitchen window. Good memory.