Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

4 minutes ago, Painter said:

Fine. Fast and friendly, but it wasn't busy. Portions were huge, and tasty.

Is that first time you've been since the ownership reverted back to Retox ? I was there in March and the food was terrible 

Edited by Stillearly

4 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Is that first time you've bern since the ownership reverted back to Retox ? I was there in March and the food was terrible 

Yes. I went mid March, under the old people, and we waited an hour only for them to deliver an s+k pie for the gf, who had ordered a fish pie and who doesn't eat beef. No problems correcting the mistake, but another wait at past midnight and we changed the order to a take away.

Was hesitant to try it again, but the new people have improved it immensely 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Great looking chips , I've never had battered haddock, always cod .. will have to give it a go if I see it available 

Chips were fantastic,  it was in a Hull waterfront pub, not sure if they did Cod. They did do a lovely ale to wash it down- waddled off suitably stuffed after it.

• Like 1

Tried to made pancakes today. Or how something simple becomes a pain...

milk, flour, eggs, butter, salt, sugar...  Showed the Miss on Youtube how it is done, just for her information, and I start mixing my ingredients.

Of course "no, not like this, blablabla.... Now the hair on my arms starts to turn itchy. How the hell you know how to do, you never eaten this..."

Anyway I go my way.  Semi success.  Looks ok, taste ok, but not special.

Now she takes a small bowl of my mix, adds mashed banana (way too much of it), in the pan...her first one is ok. Way too sweet for me, but hey...

Second one, she decides its not sweet enough, so more banana... Needless to say the result in the pan looks more like scrambled eggs than a pancake !  Start eating it (face....) but after 2 spoons "I think better throw in the garbage..." Face has its limits...Old frog big smile !

Ok, why the orange colour ? Because I bought something, written in Indonesian, that I thought was to give on orange / mandarine taste. Turned out it is a colorant... Too late, its in the mix already ! Her turn to smile .... Next time I'll to find vanilla.

When I am eating MY last pancake she ask to taste "Mmmm taste nice like that" .....Grrrrr.... been trying to explain since 1 hour this is the way to do ....

Sorry for the lack of Grand Marnier or cognac, but $$$$$

20190709_120214-768x1024.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Tried to made pancakes today. Or how something simple becomes a pain...

milk, flour, eggs, butter, salt, sugar...  Showed the Miss on Youtube how it is done, just for her information, and I start mixing my ingredients.

Of course "no, not like this, blablabla.... Now the hair on my arms starts to turn itchy. How the hell you know how to do, you never eaten this..."

Anyway I go my way.  Semi success.  Looks ok, taste ok, but not special.

Now she takes a small bowl of my mix, adds mashed banana (way too much of it), in the pan...her first one is ok. Way too sweet for me, but hey...

Second one, she decides its not sweet enough, so more banana... Needless to say the result in the pan looks more like scrambled eggs than a pancake !  Start eating it (face....) but after 2 spoons "I think better throw in the garbage..." Face has its limits...Old frog big smile !

Ok, why the orange colour ? Because I bought something, written in Indonesian, that I thought was to give on orange / mandarine taste. Turned out it is a colorant... Too late, its in the mix already ! Her turn to smile .... Next time I'll to find vanilla.

When I am eating MY last pancake she ask to taste "Mmmm taste nice like that" .....Grrrrr.... been trying to explain since 1 hour this is the way to do ....

Sorry for the lack of Grand Marnier or cognac, but $$$$$

20190709_120214-768x1024.jpg

I'm sure you'll love this.....

On the rare occasion I make pancakes I get one of those little yellow bottles. Fill it up with water, shake and pour. Throw out the bottle and eat the pancakes with some real maple syrup. They are as good as the ones Mom used to make from scratch. And no mess.

Yeah yeah I know Seppo laziness, etc. But I don't eat them often. If I bought pancake mix, etc. it would go to waste. The clean up with this is so easy, it's cheap and the quality (IMO) is good.

39 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Looks nice with those black beans mixed in.

Is that your belly button protruding out in the pic ?   😝

Yes it is,  I have a tight shirt on. LOL

Edited by boydeste

8 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Looks damn healthy yet interestingly edible.

Yes.  We have a discount card for Yayoi.  It only costs around 150 baht but gives 10% discount.  The above was 400 baht for the two of us, so certainly not expensive.