Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

10 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Dinner last night with the GF. I brought back a Tesco turkey crown from the UK and roasted it. I made peas, baby carrots, roast potatoes, stuffing, home-made Yorkshires and gravy to accompany it. Mint sauce and cranberry jelly as optional condiments. Very nice too, we both cleared our plates. Washed down with a large glass of Australian red followed by coffee and Remy Martin XO. It's a hard life.

That looks one of the tastiest platefuls I've seen for a while.

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Last night at the lake. Used up what we had left in the fridge. Pepper, onion, mushroom and pork kebabs with some not quite so burnt sausages. Washed down with a Kronenbourg beer.

20190719_171153.jpg

Lovely

kebab looks exactly how I like em

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, boydeste said:

It was very good. Nice last dinner in sunny Misy sur Yonne. 

Misy sur Yonne  ? Well, well, 

I worked close to there for years, our main plant yard is in Montereau. 

I remember at a moment staying in a small hotel on the river in Cannes Ecluse.  And even had a "person I liked" in Villeneuve la Guyard...

Screenshot_20190720-045010_Maps-1024x576.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thai Spice said:

Misy sur Yonne  ? Well, well, 

I worked close to there for years, our main plant yard is in Montereau. 

I remember at a moment staying in a small hotel on the river in Cannes Ecluse.  And even had a "person I liked" in Villeneuve la Guyard...

Screenshot_20190720-045010_Maps-1024x576.jpg

Lots of lakes around here as you can see. Many have been stocked with carp that have grown to large sizes. Lovely area to spend time at. 

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Lots of lakes around here as you can see. Many have been stocked with carp that have grown to large sizes. Lovely area to spend time at. 

Yep, lots of my colleagues from that area were fans of fishing and hunting.

Plenty nice food around as well.

Me I shuttled back and forth to Bordeaux every WE.

2 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Yep, lots of my colleagues from that area were fans of fishing and hunting.

Plenty nice food around as well.

Me I shuttled back and forth to Bordeaux every WE.

As you have seen we have cooked on the bank but it is all part of the fun. A few big fish along the way helps of course me thinks!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Thai Spice said:

@boydeste,

Was this a fishing trip organised from.the UK ?

I mean, how the hell does a Brit finds this.place ? Its not like it has a worldwide reputation for tourism ...

Except Fontainebleau which is nearby.

Yes many of these lakes are owned by Brits.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

It actually tasted lovely, quite proud of myself.  Got the meat from a local butchers who I have used before, really good quality.

Proper lumps of meat,reminds me of the ones my mum used to make.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

@boydeste,

Was this a fishing trip organised from.the UK ?

I mean, how the hell does a Brit finds this.place ? Its not like it has a worldwide reputation for tourism ...

Except Fontainebleau which is nearby.

Boydeste is an internationally recognised fisherman...but not with his forum name.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, galenkia said:

Proper lumps of meat,reminds me of the ones my mum used to make.

And proper beef kidneys as well, pig and lamb kidneys no good as they don't need much cooking and the meat (plus kidneys) need to be simmered for a few hours before cooling overnight in the fridge

I have cooked this dish before without cooling the meat overnight and it is inferior to yesterdays version.

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/19/2019 at 10:04 AM, boydeste said:

Last night at the lake. Used up what we had left in the fridge. Pepper, onion, mushroom and pork kebabs with some not quite so burnt sausages. Washed down with a Kronenbourg beer.

20190719_171153.jpg

Looks damn good. Those sausages look like what we call "links" over here. Love em.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lovely steak from my lovely with lovely wine from France & Kiwiland.....I'm not(quite) the pisshead that this depicts,there was one glassful left in the Beaujolais from the other night.

fs.jpg

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2