Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

37 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

@Britboy, now that you have a condo, couldn't you consider preparing your own breakfast ? 

For me breakfast (07.00 am) is THE meal I like to be alone, in a quiete environment.  Even when I lived / worked in BKK, my ex in the beginning said "I explain to the maid how to prepare your breakfast" . No way dear, just tell her to stay in her quarters, at 06.00 I dont want her around the table. 

Same here, breakfast is alone on my terrass, the Miss joins a bit later. 

Then again, I dont eat a full British.... but 2 eggs, a few slices of bacon in the pan is easy and fast.

I get what you're saying TS, but I enjoy the walk and nice to be waited on, providing the breakfast I get is what I enjoy.

Frankly I can't be arsed to keep the stock in the condo - it's a fag to get the shopping in. I don't like the condo stinking of fried bacon either.

I get a table to myself, have as many coffees as I feel like, sit quietly and read the Bangkok Post, do the sudoku and crossword, then meander back to start work.

If I had someone to cook it for me, fine, I'd enjoy looking out over the bay while I do all of the above. One thing against it is the strong wind that tends to blow straight into my balcony. That's really nice as a cooling factor, but the Bangkok Post has been known to go flying over onto next doors balcony, the condo of which is unoccupied . . . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Britboy said:

I get what you're saying TS, but I enjoy the walk and nice to be waited on, providing the breakfast I get is what I enjoy.

Frankly I can't be arsed to keep the stock in the condo - it's a fag to get the shopping in. I don't like the condo stinking of fried bacon either.

I get a table to myself, have as many coffees as I feel like, sit quietly and read the Bangkok Post, do the sudoku and crossword, then meander back to start work.

If I had someone to cook it for me, fine, I'd enjoy looking out over the bay while I do all of the above. One thing against it is the strong wind that tends to blow straight into my balcony. That's really nice as a cooling factor, but the Bangkok Post has been known to go flying over onto next doors balcony, the condo of which is unoccupied . . . 

I love reading the news (especially a real paper) with my tea in the AM. 

Nice when living in a condo that there are places unoccupied next to you, especially above.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Prepared before the Miss left for the jungle..

2 portions in the fridge, 1 in the freezer

20190905_175545-768x1024.jpg

Add a bit of butter and cream and heat up

20190905_180231-768x1024.jpg

And there you are...

20190905_180516-768x1024.jpg

A small dessert,

20190905_181957-768x1024.jpg

How does cooking cream differ ?

Never saw that before.

12 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

How does cooking cream differ ?

Never saw that before.

Cooking cream is heavier and takes heat very well, it seem to be called "heavy cream" in US

The regular cream 35%, is ligther and I would.use it with fruit for example.

https://www.kitchenstories.com/en/stories/from-creme-fraiche-to-sour-cream-whats-the-difference

images.jpeg-2.jpg

3 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Cooking cream is heavier and takes heat very well, it seem to be called "heavy cream" in US

The regular cream 35%, is ligther and I would.use it with fruit for example.

https://www.kitchenstories.com/en/stories/from-creme-fraiche-to-sour-cream-whats-the-difference

images.jpeg-2.jpg

Thanks. Heavy cream yes.

Like cream is nice with fruit. I usually make good with whole milk.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thumper63 said:

Had burgers last night with some kind of baked asparagus. 

20190904_181507.jpg

20190904_181905.jpg

20190904_182048.jpg

20190904_182229.jpg

20190904_182541.jpg

Nice juicy simple burger. Quality meat with a little salt. Enjoy the meat flavor. Really good and simple.

Asparagus. My favorite veggie. I usually cook (steam) lightly and sometimes ad a bit of lemon juice. Always buttered.

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

Pizza out the freezer for lunch.

Quite a soft base for a frozen pizza as they are usually a bit hard.

DSCN0195.JPG

I've given up on frozen pizza. Must have eaten a million of them over the years.

A MOD pizza place has opened up near me. I go once a week. Perfect great pizza for $8. So I decided to not buy any frozen.

Pappa Murphy's also near by but you have to cook those in your own oven and takes much longer. MOD is better anyway.

Edited by Glasseye

Just now, Glasseye said:

I've given up on frozen pizza. Must have eaten a million of them over the years.

A MOD pizza place has opened up near me. I go once a week. Perfect great pizza for $8. So I decided to not buy any frozen.

This was only £1.50 so you can't expect miracles.

Unless you collect it yourself,having a pizza delivered is expensive in the UK.So i only eat takeaway pizza rarely.

This was only £1.50 so you can't expect miracles.

Unless you collect it yourself,having a pizza delivered is expensive in the UK.So i only eat takeaway pizza rarely.

I got you. I have more time now so I don't need the frozen anymore. If you ever come across a brand called "Home Run Pizza" it is the only frozen I have ever truly enjoyed.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I got you. I have more time now so I don't need the frozen anymore. If you ever come across a brand called "Home Run Pizza" it is the only frozen I have ever truly enjoyed.

The one pictured is Chicago Town.They are cheap and cheerful but you can't complain for what they cost.

Never heard of that one before so will have a look next time.

9134.jpg

The one pictured is Chicago Town.They are cheap and cheerful but you can't complain for what they cost.

Never heard of that one before so will have a look next time.

9134.jpg

I doubt that have it there. But in case they ever do. Even here you cant find it in many places.

5 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I love reading the news (especially a real paper) with my tea in the AM. 

Nice when living in a condo that there are places unoccupied next to you, especially above.

Yeah, since I moved in 3 weeks ago I have no-one to my left or right or above. There has been some activity in the one below, but very infrequently.

Hope it stays that way . .