Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

On 9/16/2019 at 1:00 PM, Horizondave said:

Well I just need to bring the thread back down to earth with the breakfast I just had. I know some here will be truly shocked.

My 60 baht buster brekky was from Iceland (shop).  In the oven for 30 mins and presented in a paper container it actually was very nice. 2 sausages alone were worth the cost, I was happy for the £1.59 I paid.

Not a normal breakfast for me but passing the freezers in Iceland it just looked at me and I was smitten lol

20190916_104327.jpg

I think I will eat something similar on Friday courtesy of Oman Air

• Haha 1

Anxious for this baby to be ready, my first prime rib roast cook. Tough enough to find at most supermarkets here, let alone at 160 baht a pound. Early in the week I balked at getting one, they were all 8+ pounds and I live alone. After a special coupon this 5.5 lb piece cost 350 baht, I can’t get an 8 ounce cut at a pub for that cheap anymore.

560DDF75-FDEF-4FC2-ADD4-6CDA10EA6A0C.jpeg

51 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Family business I believe.

I do both, Papa John’s and Pizza Hut always have good deals. I find I can pay double or more at a good Italian or Greek place for the same size, but the amount of toppings and quality justify it. A mate years back told me “ before you judge how expensive a pie is, put your hand underneath and see what it weighs compared to a cheap one” . Some joints are plain overpriced, I used to run a delivery service and remember in 2003 delivering a single specialty 12” and it was $31 CAD. Back then your £ was 2.5, so maybe £12-13 doesn’t seem so bad, but that’s 16 years ago! 

But if you don’t eat pizza often, life is too short, spoil yourself. With Google you have so much info, menus, customer reviews....less excuses to choose a bad spot vs a decade ago

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

I do both, Papa John’s and Pizza Hut always have good deals. I find I can pay double or more at a good Italian or Greek place for the same size, but the amount of toppings and quality justify it. A mate years back told me “ before you judge how expensive a pie is, put your hand underneath and see what it weighs compared to a cheap one” . Some joints are plain overpriced, I used to run a delivery service and remember in 2003 delivering a single specialty 12” and it was $31 CAD. Back then your £ was 2.5, so maybe £12-13 doesn’t seem so bad, but that’s 16 years ago! 

But if you don’t eat pizza often, life is too short, spoil yourself. With Google you have so much info, menus, customer reviews....less excuses to choose a bad spot vs a decade ago

These were £15.90 for the 2, but they are rammed with toppings and fairly deep crust which is how I prefer.