Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

15 hours ago, galenkia said:

It's not for everyone but I love it's taste and texture.

I've had it as part of a mixed grill a few times recently and not disliked it, but a plateful as opposed to one slice was too much for me.

16 hours ago, KWA said:

I've had it as part of a mixed grill a few times recently and not disliked it, but a plateful as opposed to one slice was too much for me.

What kind of liver are we talking about ? Lambs or pigs ? 

Pigs liver is way to bitter for my taste but lambs liver cooked well and served with onion gravy ,mash potato and garden peas is one of my favourites.

15 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Pigs liver is way to bitter for my taste but lambs liver cooked well and served with onion gravy ,mash potato and garden peas is one of my favourites.

Calves for me , a friend puts chicken livers in his spag bog , very tasty 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

If I remember well, veal liver was what my mother made, but it was rather expensive.

Pigs liver is indeed bitter, but cheaper.  Cant remember ever having lambs liver, but the recipe sure exist. Seems to be more a North African thing (Marocco, Algeria.. where lamb is a essential ingredient )

Will look what I can find here.

Edit : @Stillearly, I guess when you mention calves it is same as veal ?

Edited by Thai Spice

6 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Edit : @Stillearly, I guess when you mention calves it is same as veal ?

Not 100% sure , I've always thought veal was the meat from milk fed calves , although these days think they have rose veal .... I've never thought where the liver actually came from , just tastes great .. 

29 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Not usually a fan of Vietnamese food, find it quite bland compared to Thai. 

But this was lovely, huge portions as well. 

IMAG0916.jpg

IMAG0917.jpg

Love Pho.

It's the closest thing to my mrs noodle soup albeit nowhere near as spicy. 

The cold spring rolls take some getting used to but they're nice and a healthy snack..

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

+1 I love Pho .....pronounced Fer ...... 

Saw a great recipe recently using oxtail and obviously the whole thing for Pho is the stock. Not as spy but no bad thing and makes you feel great afterwards ...... 

I made it from scratch on a cooking course I did in Hoi An , we used beef bones which we browned on a BBQ before making the stock 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Not usually a fan of Vietnamese food, find it quite bland compared to Thai. 

But this was lovely, huge portions as well. 

IMAG0916.jpg

IMAG0917.jpg

Really enjoyed the Vietnamese food when. I was there , I found loads of flavour in the dishes , one chef I spoke to said if you need to use too much hot spice / Chilli you aren't much of a cook .. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Not 100% sure , I've always thought veal was the meat from milk fed calves , although these days think they have rose veal .... I've never thought where the liver actually came from , just tastes great .. 

Chicken livers in sautéed garlic butter is fabulous. I get it at least once a trip at that Lebanese place in CF. Along with some hummus and bread. Makes a great little meal.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Really enjoyed the Vietnamese food when. I was there , I found loads of flavour in the dishes , one chef I spoke to said if you need to use too much hot spice / Chilli you aren't much of a cook .. 

Suppose it depends on what you like. I prefer my Asian food to be spicy hot and plenty of chillies.