Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

Bit of a mixture tonight,first time we've had escargot at home & will probably be the last.I've had them in Paris & I was pretty much underwhelmed & these were not as good as those.

Missus got them from Aldi so that probably explains it.Everything else was brill.

bb6778c5-0156-4f08-80df-06e0a211f704.jpg

fad948f4-79d6-44df-84e2-d30875a612e3.jpg

14 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Bit of a mixture tonight,first time we've had escargot at home & will probably be the last.I've had them in Paris & I was pretty much underwhelmed & these were not as good as those.

Missus got them from Aldi so that probably explains it.Everything else was brill.

Bit of a strange mix of food ?

20 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Bit of a strange mix of food ?

Yep my missus is a wonderful cook but sometimes goes off on a bit of a tangent....as I said it was all great except for the escargot,Aldi don't sell the best of quality.

But she is Thai so the tangent has to be expected lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/6/2019 at 4:59 PM, thumper63 said:

Double cheese burger with mushrooms and green peppers.  Side of fries and a larger coke. Couldn't finish it.  GF had the patty melt and onion rings. Always good food at this place.

20191102_133425.jpg

20191102_133431.jpg

20191102_133436.jpg

20191102_135421.jpg

Damn that's a heart attack if I ever saw one  !    lol   Looks great though.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, thumper63 said:

Had Ribeyes last Sunday along with long grain and wild rice and a taco salad.  It was great. I like my steaks medium rare  to rare.... but will eat them anywhere from raw to burned...lol

I sear them on each side for 2 minutes on medium high heat. Then grill them for 3 minutes on each side at the same temperature. I pull them off the grill and cover with tin foil for 7 to 10 minutes. I like the temperatures of the meat to be around 125 F when I pull them off the fire. Letting them stand covered for the 10 minutes allows the juices to absorb back into the meat fibers. Plus the steak continues to cook as it sits there covered with the tinfoil. The end result is a very juicy piece of meat. Plus I warm the plates in the oven to help keep the steak warmer longer once uncovered.

The salad was very good and the rice was just soso. Had icecream for dessert. 

20191103_160450.jpg

20191103_160745.jpg

20191103_161646.jpg

20191103_161908.jpg

20191103_162013.jpg

20191103_162324.jpg

20191103_162329.jpg

20191103_162409.jpg

Quality. Looks superb

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 1:32 AM, coxyhog said:

H

On 11/8/2019 at 1:32 AM, coxyhog said:

Hard to believe they sell snails at Aldi's. But I think they get a lot of product that is probably getting unloaded because lower grade. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Last night - Spasso (Italian) restaurant, Grand Hyatt Hotel (near Chit Lom and Siam BTS station)

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/thailand/grand-hyatt-erawan-bangkok/bangh/dining

https://www.hyatt.com/content/dam/hotel/propertysites/assets/grand/bangh/documents/en_US/dining/spasso-restaurant-and-bar/Spasso-A-La-Carte-Menu.pdf

Was hunting on Eatigo for a dinner idea last night. I did a search for places near the BTS. I came across this place at the Grand Hyatt. Bingo !

Took me about 7 or 8 minutes (door to door) using the BTS from Nana station (just outside the door of my hotel, ON8 - Soi ), 23 baht.

Beautiful place, top notch service, place has won multiple awards. I was seated by a lovely hostess and promptly served some water which is all I cared to drink. Gazed upon the menu while being served a basket of the best bread I have had in a long long time (along with soft herbed butter, a delightful tomato paste, and a fresh grilled garlic "wedge". 

After some indecision I went with a salad and some pasta. I went with the wild rocket, salami, and aged parmesan cheese. I was not disappointed. As I was finishing up the delightful salad and bread my pasta arrived. Gnocchetti (I've never heard of it before, but thought WTF why not) braised lamb ragout (see the menu). It blew me away.

Fabulous meal. Just outstanding in all departments.

50 % off with Eatigo.com discount. Final tab 609 baht.     Can't beat it.

spasos.jpg

spa3.jpg

SPA.jpg

spa4.jpg

ragout.jpg

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Hard to believe they sell snails at Aldi's. But I think they get a lot of product that is probably getting unloaded because lower grade. 

I kind of used to think Aldi was low quality but it isn't necessarily true.  They make their savings on only having about 2 of everything whereas the usual supermarkets like Tesco have as many lines as they can fit in. They can produce quality foods as lower prices.

Aldi have won quite a few awards for their quality of food and I must admit some of their produce such as Thai fish cakes with chorizo and their ribs stand up well against the other contenders etc.

Their beers as well are great value as they will sell them at £1.25 and cheaper but the exact same beer in Tesco or Morrisons etc will be between £1.65 and £1.85.

I do use Aldi on occasions as they are located near to Morrisons and Tesco.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Last night - Spasso (Italian) restaurant, Grand Hyatt Hotel (near Chit Lom and Siam BTS station)

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/thailand/grand-hyatt-erawan-bangkok/bangh/dining

https://www.hyatt.com/content/dam/hotel/propertysites/assets/grand/bangh/documents/en_US/dining/spasso-restaurant-and-bar/Spasso-A-La-Carte-Menu.pdf

Was hunting on Eatigo for a dinner idea last night. I did a search for places near the BTS. I came across this place at the Grand Hyatt. Bingo !

Took me about 7 or 8 minutes (door to door) using the BTS from Nana station (just outside the door of my hotel, ON8 - Soi ), 23 baht.

Beautiful place, top notch service, place has won multiple awards. I was seated by a lovely hostess and promptly served some water which is all I cared to drink. Gazed upon the menu while being served a basket of the best bread I have had in a long long time (along with soft herbed butter, a delightful tomato paste, and a fresh grilled garlic "wedge". 

After some indecision I went with a salad and some pasta. I went with the wild rocket, salami, and aged parmesan cheese. I was not disappointed. As I was finishing up the delightful salad and bread my pasta arrived. Gnocchetti (I've never heard of it before, but thought WTF why not) braised lamb ragout (see the menu). It blew me away.

Fabulous meal. Just outstanding in all departments.

50 % off with Eatigo.com discount. Final tab 609 baht.     Can't beat it.

spasos.jpg

spa3.jpg

SPA.jpg

spa4.jpg

ragout.jpg

Spassos becomes a club at night full of very hot ladies (of the night) FYI. 

• Like 1