20191120_190211-600x800.jpg

Porc a la biere for the Miss :

20191120_190048-600x450.jpg

With an ice tea and a 250 ml red wine : 320,000 IDR  700 B

20191120_190052-600x450.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

IMG_20191122_57880.jpgLasagne at Robin Hood Tavern. Superb.

That does look excellent, made me have a look at their Facebook page, some fantastic looking food.

I'm not normally a fan of cut & paste, but lifted this from their FB, posted yesterday as it did seem directly relevant. Obviously they are going to talk up their own place, but I've been put off by hearing so many poor reports in recent times (that's put me off re-visiting having had some great meals a couple of years back"

Copied from RH FB

"Hi
I’d personally like to clear some things up for reasons we here at Robin Hood would like to leave well behind in the past.
Earlier this year we found ourselves in a situation of taking over a restaurant that was failing in all aspects after a 50% staff walkout. We were simply being thrown in at the deep end, we were in one hell of a mess.
In a short time I was very fortunate to develop a great working relationship with the Retox Team and I can class these guys as my good friends.
The great quality and consistent work that is coming out of the kitchen is down to Retox’s Executive Chef who oversees all of their work.
He, along with myself have put a fabulous team together, and I’m happy to say for me are the best thing that’s ever happened to Robin Hood. The positive reviews we receive about our food speaks for itself.
Combined with a hell of a lot of long hours and hard work from myself and my front of house team, every single person has gone the extra step helping put Robin Hood back in amongst the mix of the other great sports bars/ restaurants in town. (Of which there are many!) Good healthy competition can only raise the bar, and give our valued friends and customers an even better experience in this extraordinary town.
To clarify any preconceptions people may have, the only affiliation the Robin Hood Tavern has with Retox is with the Executive Chef. He is a part time consultant and also keeps me in check….So... unfortunately as we did have a request last week - if you have a Retox Voucher you may need to spend it in there!
The most recent news is we do have a new addition to our kitchen. Many of you may have met him, a young and brilliant chef who has been busy being particularly hospitable over the recent times! Yes, thats “Max” - he’s very unique in every way, and well I think just come in to meet him, try his new menu and decide for yourselves.
I’d like to thank all our customers old and new for the continued support these last 6 months, I might almost admit that I’m really enjoying this business and making some new friendships along the way.
Much appreciated
Gaz and the Robin Hood team"

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

That does look excellent, made me have a look at their Facebook page, some fantastic looking food.

I'm not normally a fan of cut & paste, but lifted this from their FB, posted yesterday as it did seem directly relevant. Obviously they are going to talk up their own place, but I've been put off by hearing so many poor reports in recent times (that's put me off re-visiting having had some great meals a couple of years back"

Copied from RH FB

"Hi
I’d personally like to clear some things up for reasons we here at Robin Hood would like to leave well behind in the past.
Earlier this year we found ourselves in a situation of taking over a restaurant that was failing in all aspects after a 50% staff walkout. We were simply being thrown in at the deep end, we were in one hell of a mess.
In a short time I was very fortunate to develop a great working relationship with the Retox Team and I can class these guys as my good friends.
The great quality and consistent work that is coming out of the kitchen is down to Retox’s Executive Chef who oversees all of their work.
He, along with myself have put a fabulous team together, and I’m happy to say for me are the best thing that’s ever happened to Robin Hood. The positive reviews we receive about our food speaks for itself.
Combined with a hell of a lot of long hours and hard work from myself and my front of house team, every single person has gone the extra step helping put Robin Hood back in amongst the mix of the other great sports bars/ restaurants in town. (Of which there are many!) Good healthy competition can only raise the bar, and give our valued friends and customers an even better experience in this extraordinary town.
To clarify any preconceptions people may have, the only affiliation the Robin Hood Tavern has with Retox is with the Executive Chef. He is a part time consultant and also keeps me in check….So... unfortunately as we did have a request last week - if you have a Retox Voucher you may need to spend it in there!
The most recent news is we do have a new addition to our kitchen. Many of you may have met him, a young and brilliant chef who has been busy being particularly hospitable over the recent times! Yes, thats “Max” - he’s very unique in every way, and well I think just come in to meet him, try his new menu and decide for yourselves.
I’d like to thank all our customers old and new for the continued support these last 6 months, I might almost admit that I’m really enjoying this business and making some new friendships along the way.
Much appreciated
Gaz and the Robin Hood team"

It has improved massively recently.  The young chef came out to chat with all the customers a couple of times during my visit.

• Thumbs Up 1