Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

18 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Didn't realise Vesta was still going , remember it in the 80's freeze dried meat and veg , almost put me off Chinese food ... hope it's improved  👍

When I was young we never had a takeaway, when we had curry it was always a Vesta chicken curry. Dad used to cut up a banana and eat that with it, I never really understood that.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Didn't realise Vesta was still going , remember it in the 80's freeze dried meat and veg , almost put me off Chinese food ... hope it's improved  👍

They also do a Paella.  Occasionally see it and the Chow Mein in the supermarkets.image.jpeg

Got a next day delivery today from a farm shop in Northern Ireland. 

Vegetable roll, proper beef sausages, proper black pudding, wheaten, sodas, Irish oatcakes and Carmel squares lol.

Made a massive bowl of champ earlier with the beef sausages. 

Comfort food, too busy eating it to take a pic when cooked 😃

IMAG2187.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Chicken madras curry made last week in the slow cooker on Mexican rice. I used Tesco's own sauce and it is superb.

20201119_143139.jpg

Spuds are a nice addition ( hope I got that right and their not boiled 🥚 ) 🤣

Just now, AJSP said:

Spuds are a nice addition ( hope I got that right and their not boiled 🥚 ) 🤣

They happen to be out of a tin, I found that they take on flavour very well, as well as the mushrooms which I buy ready sliced from Tescos.

I am experimenting to find ingredients that I can just throw into the slow cooker and get great results.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

They happen to be out of a tin, I found that they take on flavour very well, as well as the mushrooms which I buy ready sliced from Tescos.

I am experimenting to find ingredients that I can just throw into the slow cooker and get great results.

Tins are clearly underrated. Same as frozen veg, which I’m led to believe is as nutritious as ‘fresh’ veg from Sainsbury’s 

5 minutes ago, AJSP said:

Tins are clearly underrated. Same as frozen veg, which I’m led to believe is as nutritious as ‘fresh’ veg from Sainsbury’s 

Yes, I have seen quite a few TV programs where that has been proven the case, I think it's because often the veg is blast frozen so quickly after being picked and the fresh stuff takes so long to get onto the shelves. I have also seen one that proved similar with canned produce too. I did try tinned nushrooms but they don't seem to take on the flavour of the sauce so well as fresh.

I generally go for a short walk first thing on a Saturday to get my wife a Latte, a few croissants and Pain au Cocolates plus a bacon sandwich for the boy. It also gets early morning fresh air after Friday nights excesses in the pub, but as they are closed, the walk can wait til 10 ish and for the last few weeks I’ve gone to a local Butcher and got some decent Back Bacon for my sons Bacon Sandwich.

8923B8EF-FA2C-4EA7-B6E3-E6759ECD67D4.jpeg

85D60A2C-16AC-4488-8F2A-0247F3E45E1A.jpeg

• Like 1