• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
how24111

Nirun studio -CORNER- condo for rent

57 minutes ago, how24111 said:

Just contact me when it is closer to your arrival date and I will let you know if I have anything available.  Usually you can find one if you walk around and talk with the many shops that advertise condos for rent.  

You could also put him directly in touch with someone you know that has a unit available. Pretty sure there's a small commission paid for successful referrals.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

You could also put him directly in touch with someone you know that has a unit available. Pretty sure there's a small commission paid for successful referrals.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Yes, I could do that when it is closer to his arrival date.  I usually don't bother with such things as if there is a problem in the condo I cannot do anything about repairing it even though the customer will be calling me.  My own condos I repair/replace whatever is bad almost immediately but other owners don't always do the same. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, how24111 said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  Yes, I could do that when it is closer to his arrival date.  I usually don't bother with such things as if there is a problem in the condo I cannot do anything about repairing it even though the customer will be calling me.  My own condos I repair/replace whatever is bad almost immediately but other owners don't always do the same. 

You would only be providing a referral, no other responsibility comes with that. The owner of the other unit typically pays a small finders fee for putting a prospective renter in touch with he/she once the renter signs a lease. The owner is still responsible for collecting the rent and maintenance.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

You would only be providing a referral, no other responsibility comes with that. The owner of the other unit typically pays a small finders fee for putting a prospective renter in touch with he/she once the renter signs a lease. The owner is still responsible for collecting the rent and maintenance.

Yes,  your right in theory But when the renter has a problem you can be sure he will be calling me to help him even though I cannot help him other then to call the unit owner for him. That's why I usually don't want to get involved.  It also can go the other way with the condo owner complaining to me for bringing them such a bad renter.  Thanks for your posts.