Sign in to follow this  
banchang100

Hua Hin

Got a golf trip to Hua Hin coming up in early September,I did it last year too.

Very enjoyable, with clean beaches, the best falang food I’ve tasted, cracking golf courses and a very decent bar scene.

Been there in January, really enjoyed it. 

If was going to stay for any length not time in Thailand, would either be there or Sattahip/Rayong area. 

• Like 1

H.H. area was the only place I considered to live in for retirement.

But that was 20+ years ago, so things sure changed and not necessarily in the direction I like. (Traffic, polution, etc...)

• Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, banchang100 said:

Got a golf trip to Hua Hin coming up in early September,I did it last year too.

Very enjoyable, with clean beaches, the best falang food I’ve tasted, cracking golf courses and a very decent bar scene.

Behind enemy lines in Hua Hin :default_biggrin:

IMAG0294.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

Behind enemy lines in Hua Hin :default_biggrin:

IMAG0294.jpg

I believe the Celtic Bar has been refurbished and not before time.  Sitting across at the beer garden is my thing but some useful girls hanging out around there. Think the seating has become more salubrious....

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I believe the Celtic Bar has been refurbished and not before time.  Sitting across at the beer garden is my thing but some useful girls hanging out around there. Think the seating has become more salubrious....

That was in January. 

Just think that haven't taken the sign down, wasn't any sort of farang or sports bar at all. 

Good wee Soi all the same, sat people watching in it a couple of nights. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I wasn't that impressed with the beach in HH , mind you I only went to the area near to the Hilton , water didn't look that inviting and the jelly fish signs put me off further 

I did like the town and bar area though , found some decent restaurants as well 

• Thumbs Up 1

Spent Holidays /NYE there last year, nice place, good vibe and great food as always. 

My Son told me he had even heard that the Golfing is good there. 

Really like " Ao Manao" beach area. 

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1487.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just booked to go there for the first time in a couple of days time. Feedback from mates who have been before is that a few days is enough, stay near Bintabaht Street, access the excellent beach round the side of The Hilton, beach chairs etc are free but you buy your drinks etc from the host as payback and the buses are a pain in the a**e.

Any more thoughts appreciated.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, KWA said:

Just booked to go there for the first time in a couple of days time. Feedback from mates who have been before is that a few days is enough, stay near Bintabaht Street, access the excellent beach round the side of The Hilton, beach chairs etc are free but you buy your drinks etc from the host as payback and the buses are a pain in the a**e.

Make sure you download grab taxi, very useful in hh

10 minutes ago, Baldylocks said:

Make sure you download grab taxi, very useful in hh

Done, thanks.

1 hour ago, KWA said:

This is the best seafood place we thought. 

Right by sea, and very reasonable. 

The fish was massive, and the whole meal, was under 1000Baht I think. But the price was just a bonus, the food and service were great. 

IMAG0319.jpg

IMAG0384.jpg

IMAG0385.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

11 hours ago, KWA said:

Try soi 80,the tuk tuk drivers all know where it is about a 5 minute tuk tuk ride from bintabaht.

On 5/2/2019 at 7:40 AM, KWA said:

We stayed at the city beach hotel, very comfortable room and bed but the breakfast wasn’t good. We are staying there again without breakfast this time.Around 1400 baht per night.

On 5/1/2019 at 4:23 PM, Yessongs said:

Spent Holidays /NYE there last year, nice place, good vibe and great food as always. 

My Son told me he had even heard that the Golfing is good there. 

Really like " Ao Manao" beach area. 

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1487.jpg

Great fotos thanks 🙏 

• Like 1

How is the availability of drivers if using Grab?

We're heading to the bus station tomorrow morning and were going to use it, but do we need a Plan B?

I've always liked it as it has a bit of everything but not too much of anything. 

Chaolay seafood pier as mentioned is great, the Hilton rooftop bar has great views in the evening and decent cocktails, Murphy's bar has great bands and a decent crowd and the Hilton disco has good bands on too. 

Agree that the jelly fish on the beach can be bothersome though.

Sign in to follow this