• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
roomark

Barcelona or Rome

I'm thinking of going on a 4 day break from U.K prob late June  and as I've never been to either, but fancy both I thought I'd ask to those who have done both which you prefer?

Just want a decent break few beers and a look round.

So ....

Barcelona or Rome?

Thanks lads

Rome Rome and Rome.

I lived in Barcelona once and loved it but Rome is one of the most beautiful places on earth and you can basically walk everywhere.

Food is amazing and just so much to see and do a breathtaking city.

Barcelona has Las Ramblas, Gaudi Cathedral and Camp Nou ........food is pricey these days and believe the amazing old red light area off the Ramblas is all cleaned up. Told a few dodgy trannies and fat Africans nowadays ...... :default_527:

So Rome just so beautiful.  La Dolce Vita ............

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

I agree with Namps. I've been to both cities and they are both worth a visit. Rome more so as there's lots more to see and do. The history there is unbelievable. 

I can't say I bumped into many Spaniards whilst I was in Barcelona but I've done Rome twice now and the Italians I met there, especially the older ones, were very nice. 

• Like 1

Barsalona is for me the best choice due to the language and food and culture... 

Always stayed in the Front Marítim area which isn't too far from anywhere.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

New York.

Been there done that mate.

I would like to go back one day

It was just after 9/11 when I went and I also stayed at The Waldorf , not in a rush to get back though at the moment TBH.

Edited by roomark

Cheers Lanza , Namps and Aqua 

If this carrys on I'm gonna have to do both 🤣🤣🤣🙈

40 minutes ago, roomark said:

and I also stayed at The Waldorf

Did you have the salad?.

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Did you have the salad?.

hqdefault.jpg

Most overrated hotel I've ever stayed at 

Fawlty would have been proud 🤣🤣 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Would love to see some " boots on the ground" pics from Rome. 

Wifey and I are talking about a trip to Europe one day......want to make the best of it.

I don't know why, so please don't ask, but for some reason I have always wanted to see " The Black Forest" in Germany

I attribute this to looking at too many "National Geographic" magazines when in school back in the day. ☹️

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

Would love to see some " boots on the ground" pics from Rome. 

Wifey and I are talking about a trip to Europe one day......want to make the best of it.

I don't know why, so please don't ask, but for some reason I have always wanted to see " The Black Forest" in Germany

I attribute this to looking at too many "National Geographic" magazines when in school back in the day. ☹️

Black Forest looks nice, but the Lake District here in England is one hour North of me looks pretty similar (I'm probably wrong) 

Still not sure Barca or Rome, but I will post a few pics wherever I end up 😊 

• Like 1

I was gonna go to Florence, the architecture of the place seems amazing, but was told Barcelona was better? 

Basically what Namps said.

Have visited both cities twice, Barca was for the footie but had an extended stay both times, loved the Camp Nou and the city, but Rome hands down given the choice of the 2.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I was gonna go to Florence, the architecture of the place seems amazing, but was told Barcelona was better? 

No way Jose ......:default_flower:

I've been to both and enjoyed Rome more,loads of history to see in Rome if you like that sort of thing.The beautiful Trevi fountain and the colliseum was well worth it,watch out for Roman soldiers,plenty of them around looking for a foto op.

Barcelona ,I remember las Ramblas ,the big market street which sells loads of stuff but I'm not into that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Love Rome. Haven't been in over 10 years. Thread made me check out flights from BKK in the fall, not as expensive as my flights back to California so now seriously considering it.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ArtyGraph said:

Rome without doubt. There are Spaniards in Barcelona.  :default_fing23:

Don't mind Spaniards to be honest mate and the women are stunning too .

Roo... Get yourself to Rome. Must see places... The Colusseum, the forum, St. Peters and the Vatican, the catacombs, pantheon, trevi fountain, etc 

One bit of advice when booking your accommodation. Don't stay near the central train station. At night it's dark and dingy and frequented by non Italians. Mainly somali looking immigrants up to no good. A lot of them 

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2019 at 5:13 PM, Krapow said:

Have to disagree mate. 

Florence, is without doubt, one of the most beautiful cities in the world. We have been to Rome several times, but are always happiest when we get back home to Florence. 

Never been to Barcelona.  👍

Edited by KhunDon
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Aqualung said:

Roo... Get yourself to Rome. Must see places... The Colusseum, the forum, St. Peters and the Vatican, the catacombs, pantheon, trevi fountain, etc 

One bit of advice when booking your accommodation. Don't stay near the central train station. At night it's dark and dingy and frequented by non Italians. Mainly somali looking immigrants up to no good. A lot of them 

Cheers mate

1 hour ago, KhunDon said:

Have to disagree mate. 

Florence, is without doubt, one of the most beautiful cities in the world. We have been to Rome several times, but are always happiest when we get back home to Florence. 

Never been to Barcelona.  👍

I've been to Florence as well. Toured Italy for 3 weeks and I have to say its one of the nicest countries I've been to. 

As for Barcelona, if you take Las Ramblas, sagrada familia (fantastic and still being built I think) good KFC next to it lol!, and the gothic quarter out of the equation not much else really. It cannot compete with Rome. Nowhere near. 

• Thanks 2
  • Great Info 1

There's also a wobbly looking building in Barcalona by some famous dude that escapes my mind right now, probably built by Galenkia. 

• Haha 2