Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

Another  Navy Thai diver..... Petty Officer Beiret Bureerak  involved in the cave rescue has passed away from a blood infection he contracted  during the rescue.

RIP

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/thai-cave-rescue-diver-beiret-bureerak-dies-17-months-after-getting-blood-infection-saving-teen-football-team/ar-BBYoT5A?ocid=spartanntp

Edited by roobob
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Surprised 1

Image result for ram dass

image.jpeg

If there is an enduring figure emblematic of the consciousness revolution of the 1960s and 70s, it is arguably the Harvard professor and LSD researcher-turned-spiritual leader born Richard Alpert but known the world over as Ram Dass. With Timothy Leary, his colleague in the Harvard psychology department, he forever changed a generation of Americans through his explorations with psilocybin, LSD-75, and other psychedelics before reinventing himself as a spiritual teacher and humanitarian—a bhakti yogi with love as his path. When Ram Dass died on Sunday evening, one of the most beloved voices of the counterculture fell silent. He was 88 years old.  

• Thanks 1

On 12/27/2019 at 4:49 PM, forcebwithu said:

Don Imus, Legendary 'Imus in the Morning' Host, Dies at 79

Don Imus, the radio personality whose insult humor and savage comedy catapulted him to a long-lasting and controversial career, has died at 79. His three-hour radio program, Imus in the Morning, was widely popular, especially with the over 25-male demographic.

Howard fans rejoice.😁😁

18 hours ago, fforest said:

Image result for ram dass

image.jpeg

If there is an enduring figure emblematic of the consciousness revolution of the 1960s and 70s, it is arguably the Harvard professor and LSD researcher-turned-spiritual leader born Richard Alpert but known the world over as Ram Dass. With Timothy Leary, his colleague in the Harvard psychology department, he forever changed a generation of Americans through his explorations with psilocybin, LSD-75, and other psychedelics before reinventing himself as a spiritual teacher and humanitarian—a bhakti yogi with love as his path. When Ram Dass died on Sunday evening, one of the most beloved voices of the counterculture fell silent. He was 88 years old.  

Ram Dass

Sounds like a character out a Carry On film 

😂

Edited by galenkia

When I read this earlier I thought who is he ????

Nota  clue not into all that haunted bollocks.

I'm still sad about Martin Peters saw him so many times West Ham mainly  ........ not read much about his genius at the near post cross.

Right wing Redknapp or Geoff Hurst subtle flick .......... and once saw from the left wing think it was Johnny Sissons did the cross ......... wonderful player.

Never quite did it at Spurs but won the World cup so hey ........... RIP. Far too young ........ 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

9 hours ago, nampla69 said:

When I read this earlier I thought who is he ????

Nota  clue not into all that haunted bollocks.

I'm still sad about Martin Peters saw him so many times West Ham mainly  ........ not read much about his genius at the near post cross.

Right wing Redknapp or Geoff Hurst subtle flick .......... and once saw from the left wing think it was Johnny Sissons did the cross ......... wonderful player.

Never quite did it at Spurs but won the World cup so hey ........... RIP. Far too young ........ 

he was good for spurs mate 3 trophy's to 1 with west ham and was a match day host at spurs until 3 years ago R.I.P.  

• Great Info 1

8 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Apparently suffering an aggressive form of brain cancer for more than 3 years. 

Agree with Skalliwag... One of the best. 

ThAJzsextbTJdNW69vxSVH-1200-80.jpg

Fucking hell! 

One of my favourite bands ever. 

Absolutely gutted. He lost his wife to cancer and his first child in a car crash in a 12 month period in the 90's. 

RIP Neil

Edited by galenkia
  • Like 1