Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

28 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Appreciate all the comments, I can tell Rush is a band well liked outside of Canada.

RIP Neil

A big loyal following here in the UK mate. Seen them twice over the years and both arenas were packed out. 

I watched an interview with Geddy not long ago about Neil having to retire from live playing. Nothing was mentioned about him being so sick. At the time I resigned myself to never seeing Rush live again and now I know it just won't happen. Bloody shame. 

I just hope Geddy and Alex don't feel the need to resurrect "Rush" as a touring band without Neil. It just won't be the same without him. 

Anyways, I'm having more than a few beers in his memory and I'm going to listen to my go to band from start to finish this next week or so. 

Thanks to Canada and thankyou to Rush. God bless! 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

51 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Appreciate all the comments, I can tell Rush is a band well liked outside of Canada.

RIP Neil

A big loyal following here in the UK mate. Seen them twice over the years and both arenas were packed out. 

I watched an interview with Geddy not long ago about Neil having to retire from live playing. Nothing was mentioned about him being so sick. At the time I resigned myself to never seeing Rush live again and now I know it just won't happen. Bloody shame. 

I just hope Geddy and Alex don't feel the need to resurrect "Rush" as a touring band without Neil. It just won't be the same without him. 

Anyways, I'm having more than a few beers in his memory and I'm going to listen to my go to band from start to finish this next week or so. 

Thanks to Canada and thankyou to Rush. God bless! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow - I am very, very saddened by Neil's passing. Been a massive fan of Rush since their first album in 1974. Rutsey the first drummer was OK, but Peart became a legend and went on to become a world famous drummer after he took over. Major lyricist for the band as well. I saw Rush in concert in 1977 for the "Farewell to Kings" tour and was blown away by an extended version of "Xanadu" at that show and a Peart drum solo at the end. Went on to see them again in 1980 for the "Moving Pictures" Tour. Epic show!  Peart was admired by his peers in the industry and a thrill to watch by fans. 

RIP Neil (A sad day in the rock world) 😞 

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

Not many funnier TV shows  ever made than Yes Minister/Prime Minister.

Derek Fowlds (R.I.P) never got the best lines but his Bernard Woolley character was a genius comic foil, to Sir Humphrey and Jim Hacker.

Woolley: The problem is, the Prime Minister did try to suppress the [politically damaging] chapter [of the former Prime Minister's memoirs], didn't he?
Sir Humphrey: I don't know, did he?
Woolley: Well didn't he, don't you remember?
Sir Humphrey: What I remember is irrelevant. If the minutes don't say that he did, then he didn't.
Woolley: So you want me to falsify the minutes.
Sir Humphrey: I want nothing of the sort! It's up to you, Bernard. What do you want?
Woolley: I want to have a clear conscience.
Sir Humphrey: A clear conscience.
Woolley: Yes, Sir Humphrey.
Sir Humphrey: When did you acquire this taste for luxuries?
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Rob Rensenbrink passed away 24/1, aged 72.

Rob represented the Netherlands in 2 world cup finals, 74 and 78, which resulted in 2 silver medals.

I remember those teams with great affection,how they never won the WC will forever be a mystery,I(& all my mates at the time)thought they were the best team in both.

RIP

• Like 1