Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

3 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Never heard of her, but on Twitter most of the comments under her hashtag are saying the media killed her. 
Sad...RIP

She was arrested for hitting her boyfriend , he didn't want to press charges , but she then seemed to appear in newspaper columns ( Sun , Daily Mail ) every day since ...ensuring she lost her job , contracts etc.  tabloids smelt blood and then got it .... now they are gushing about her ... bunch of cunts 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

She was arrested for hitting her boyfriend , he didn't want to press charges , but she then seemed to appear in newspaper columns ( Sun , Daily Mail ) every day since ...ensuring she lost her job , contracts etc.  tabloids smelt blood and then got it .... now they are gushing about her ... bunch of cunts 

CPS as well, as her boyfriend wanted the charges dropped but they refused. 

Some prick prosecutor after his 15 minutes. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Never heard of her, but on Twitter most of the comments under her hashtag are saying the media killed her. 
Sad...RIP

The thing is that nearly all of those "reality" shows celebrities overuse the media and social networks to become famous and hype their image.

They should not be suprised the same media turns on them when negative things happen, specially things that break the "dream image"...

Social media can be unforgivable as it is anonymous, and the British tabloids are not really the romantic type neither.

Edited by Thai Spice
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

The thing is that nearly all of those "reality" shows celebrities overuse the media and social networks to become famous and hype their image.

They should not be suprised the same media turns on them when negative things happen, specially things that break the "dream image"...

Social media can be unforgivable as it is anonymous, and the British tabloids are not really the romantic type neither.

That's one of the main reason I don't have cable TV. Reality TV and the other crap  shows on network TV makes me cringe. I don't really give a shit about what Kim Kardashian is doing on a hourly basis, who's the next bachelor is or who's dancing with the stars. These people are not celebrities but rather media whores who have duped the low IQ people into believing they are somebody. The are nothing IMO. I just download movies and decent series and watch them on the computer big screen. I am getting ready to get rid of my TV as I haven't turned it on in 3 years.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

13 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

Reality TV and the other crap  shows on network TV makes me cringe. I don't really give a shit about what Kim Kardashian is doing on a hourly basis, who's the next bachelor is or who's dancing with the stars. These people are not celebrities but rather media whores who have duped the low IQ people into believing they are somebody. The are nothing IMO.

Fully agree.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's one of the main reason I don't have cable TV. Reality TV and the other crap  shows on network TV makes me cringe. I don't really give a shit about what Kim Kardashian is doing on a hourly basis, who's the next bachelor is or who's dancing with the stars. These people are not celebrities but rather media whores who have duped the low IQ people into believing they are somebody. The are nothing IMO. I just download movies and decent series and watch them on the computer big screen. I am getting ready to get rid of my TV as I haven't turned it on in 3 years.
I am the same. Never watch any of them.

Sent from my SM-J610F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Andy Weatherall, helped make some of the best music when the rave scene was going, Happy Mondays, and especially Screamadelica etc.

Just wish I could listen to Screamadelica without craving drugs 😵

Screamadelica_album_cover.jpg

Met him a few times in Glasgow through a pal the runs club nights, cracking guy. Screamadelica is one of my favourite albums, its quality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

Andy Weatherall, helped make some of the best music when the rave scene was going, Happy Mondays, and especially Screamadelica etc.

Just wish I could listen to Screamadelica without craving drugs 😵

Screamadelica_album_cover.jpg

Absolute fucking legend. Simply superb producer. I think he left about 10 seconds of original track when he remixed one of Primal's songs on the second attempt after being told his first go was a bit light 😄

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Shaksey said:

Absolute fucking legend. Simply superb producer. I think he left about 10 seconds of original track when he remixed one of Primal's songs on the second attempt after being told his first go was a bit light 😄

Loaded. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 10:52 PM, Thai Spice said:

Caroline wasn't a "reality" show celebrity. She was an actress, a presenter but most of all and what she enjoyed most was being a dancer, anyone who knew her was not surprised at all when she won Strictly Come Dancing. 

I wasn't mates with her, I didn't 'know' her but I did meet and chat with her a number of times. The first was about 2001/2 when she was in a so so movie set in Ibiza. I did know a lot of folks in Ibiza back then and mates of mine were used as extras in the shoot for that and a few others and so I met her through though them. I bumped into her again every now and again on the London scene over the next few years. If she hadn't subsequently become successful I would have forgotten she even existed tbh, one of literally hundreds of faces at clubs and parties over the years I talked to and had a laugh with. I could name about a dozen other people who "made it" to some extent that I met and partied with from that era.

But Caroline was a grafter. She didn't in any way get instant fame. It took years of effort, countless rejections and f**k knows how much self determination for her to become "successful". If you were out and around back in the day you'd hear how he/she/whoever had "sealed the deal" so to speak (Billie's Bar, anyone?). I never heard anything like that about Caroline. One time I remember chatting with her and I said something banal and drunk and stupid about was she still dressing up as a raccoon or something (I'd seen her doing that a few months ago on TV). I wasn't trying to be a dick, I wasn't trying to put her down, I was talking to her like I talked and still to this day talk to most of my girl-mates. To put that in perspective I'll say that all my girl-mates and I enjoy nothing more than a good bit of sharp-edged drunken debate. One of them said 'f**k' 16 times (yes I was counting) in two minutes the other night; while smoking a Gitanes and drinking a coffee cup of Pol Roger with ice cubes in. When I told her she was a foul-mouthed climber she laughed and called me a c**t. That's an extreme but that's the general kind of girl I can have an amusing night arguing with. Caroline wasn't that kind of girl. Her reaction to my stupid raccoon question was proof of that. Hurt and doubt. No bravado. I apologised straight way. I felt like an arsehole. She laughed it off. I'd been a twat but she could see, and this is why I can have conversations as per above with girls, because I'm not trying to shag them, or use them or whatever they can see/percept that and it means they'll allow you a f**k up or two. I think that was about 2007 and I saw her a couple of times after that, then I was abroad mostly and left the London scene. 

It was after that her career ramped up and I think the next time I saw her on TV was when she was presenting The X-Factor or one of it's spin-off's.

One last thing, Caroline was tiny. Everyone who ever meets Katie Price (Jordan) will always say how small she is. Caroline was smaller than Katie by a few inches and a lot less confident and self-assured. The phrase 'pick on someone your own size' sticks in my mind. 

• Like 4

On 2/16/2020 at 12:46 AM, Starshine said:

Caroline Flack RIP 😢

I am very saddened by this. Apart from always wanting to f**k her, she was a brilliant presenter and full of life.

A reality check of how the world can turn on you very quickly for a few emotional outbursts. 

RIP SEXY LADY. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, misteregg said:

The man who invented “cut”, “copy” and “paste” Larry Tesler has died. RIP
Chang Fai will be devastated.

Read the news this morning and had the same thought. Wonder if CF will be going to the funeral.

Larry Tesler, creator of copy, cut and paste function, dies at 74

Cut, copy and paste and search and replace functions are used millions of times a day without users thinking twice about how they were developed or by whom.
But before Tesler's work, computer users had to interact with clunky programs in different "modes," where the same commands meant different things depending on how they were used. Even an expert like Tesler found that to be a problem.

"Most interactive programs had modes, which always tripped me up," he wrote in a 2012 paper about the development of copy, cut and paste. Tesler became a champion of eliminating modes from computer programs. His personal web site was nomodes.com.

The elimination of modes opened the door to how computer users have interacted with personal computers for the last 40 years. Much of that work was done not at one of today's tech giants, but at a computer lab at Xerox.

Today most people know Xerox only as a maker of copiers, but in its heyday the company developed much of the technology that led to the personal computer: the mouse, a graphical user interface that allowed for more than lines of text on a screen. The work was done at the company's Silicon Valley-based Xerox Palo Alto Research Center, or Xerox PARC.

Tesler was at the center of those efforts, and is credited with coining the terms "friendly user interface" and "browser" during his time at Xerox.
When Jobs visited Xerox PARC in 1979, he met with Tesler. "You're sitting on a gold mine!" Tesler later recalled Jobs telling him. "Why aren't you doing something with this technology? You could change the world!"

Jobs was right: Xerox was not taking advantage of the pivotal research being done at Xerox Parc. So Apple (AAPL) to became the first to make broad use of the graphic user interface, as well as the mouse and other features. Tesler left Xerox for Apple in 1980, where he rose to the position of vice president and chief scientist.

While there he helped to design the Macintosh computer, QuickTime and the Lisa computer, one of the first personal computers to use a graphical user interface. It was the Lisa that popularized the now-familiar copy, paste and undo shortcuts. (That's C to copy, V to paste and Z to undo).

"I have been mistakenly identified as the 'father of the graphical user interface for the Macintosh,'" Tesler wrote on his website. "I was not. However, a paternity test might expose me as one of its many grandparents."

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1

Hope I don’t sound like a heartless prick here, but to anyone who watched Kobe’s memorial service - did anyone else find Vanessa to be just a little too “me, me,me” in her eulogy? I did, and TBH not surprised she’s now suing trying to supplement her millions. Just my thoughts after listening to her for ten minutes, she came across as a real princess and quite selfish

2 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Hope I don’t sound like a heartless prick here, but to anyone who watched Kobe’s memorial service - did anyone else find Vanessa to be just a little too “me, me,me” in her eulogy? I did, and TBH not surprised she’s now suing trying to supplement her millions. Just my thoughts after listening to her for ten minutes, she came across as a real princess and quite selfish

I didn't get that from the bit I saw  , plus I think the lawsuit is about apportioning blame ... and I guess the other families will be joining in on that 

Shaq made me laugh 

• Like 1

From what I understood in those interviews, the Kobe -Shaq beef was exaggerated, but there was some still some truth to it. I think Shaq wanted Kobe to shoot less and pass him the ball more, but Kobe was like” unless you dunk it, you’ll get fouled and probably miss at least one free throw, so I’ll continue to shoot lots from the outside”. Kobe also stated to Patrick(on Valuetainment), if Shaq trained and exercised like he did, they would have 12 championships apiece. Bold statement, but even Shaq agreed he was overweight and a lazy underachiever. Wow