Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

2 hours ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Swedish actor Max von Sydow, aged 90.

Known for a host of films incl: The Excorsist, Dune, Hamsun, Flash Gordon, Kursk.

In that list I have only seen Dune and I can't say I remember him from that. Two others in which I remember seeing him are Robin Hood (2010 version) and Never Say Never Again.

15 hours ago, Mr Mosquito said:

The former Cardiff and Aston Villa midfielder Peter Whittingham has died at the age of 35. 

The dad-of-two fell down a flight of stairs at a pub in Barry on March 7 - the day of England's Six Nations clash with Wales - and was left with devastating head injuries.

He had been on a life-support machine for the last 12 days with his family - including pregnant wife Amanda - at his bedside, but sadly died on Thursday. 

An absolute Legend here in Cardiff, so very sad.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 12:37 AM, Mr Mosquito said:

The former Cardiff and Aston Villa midfielder Peter Whittingham has died at the age of 35. 

The dad-of-two fell down a flight of stairs at a pub in Barry on March 7 - the day of England's Six Nations clash with Wales - and was left with devastating head injuries.

He had been on a life-support machine for the last 12 days with his family - including pregnant wife Amanda - at his bedside, but sadly died on Thursday. 

Thanks. read he had a head injury but not what happened. Jesus must have been some fall at only 35 years of age?? 

As Baldy said Cardiff legend ..... Aaron Ramsey wrote a lovely tribute. really good player ....RIP.

Sad true story ...friend of mine died aged 46 cancer. Was going to her funeral Tuesday ...been told no only 5 friends and family --- social distancing.

Times we live in eh ??...

• Sad 1