Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

I read a great story on Bill Withers in Rolling Stone magazine some years ago. Working construction, then he recorded "Ain't No Sunshine", and his life changed. His wife managed his finances so his money was never pissed away like is the case with so many others.

Great voice, I never heard a male singer hold a note longer than he did in "Lovely Day". It goes on and on. RIP.

• Like 3

I'm surprised you say that. I found them painfully unfunny.

They performed at the Hamstead Social Club in Birmingham whilst I was the DJ there. They were a lot, lot funnier and ruder on stage.
Agree, the tv show was very tame.

5 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Thanks for posting that.

Weird as it sounds obituaries can be a great read. The Admiral seemed to have the perfect mix of being very lucky and very good🙂

"Admiral Feightner had many close calls (though never a crash) both in combat and as a test pilot. In one, he came under fire on a reconnaissance fight over the Mariana Islands in June 1944, returning to his carrier with more than 170 shrapnel holes in his Hellcat fighter."

9 hours ago, Stillearly said:

With the 70+ wifelets , and his paintings of the karma sutra all over the house ...think he enjoyed his life  🙂 

wonder if his son is going to redecorate 😉 

I expect he will redecorate. 🤔

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2521172/amp/Longleat-murals-removal-sparked-feud-Lord-Bath-81-viscount-son-return-stately-home.html