Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

She was a fit bird for sure and 94 is a good age too.

RIP

She was 94, and Goldfinger came out in 1964, when she was the Bond girl, and would have made her 39 at the time. I wonder if she was the oldest Bond girl in the series? I think she was even older than Sean Connery. I can't think off hand who would have been older in any of the other Bond films.

Usually they tend to be late 20s, maybe early 30s when they are cast in an upcoming Bond movie.

A good long life for sure.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

She was 94, and Goldfinger came out in 1964, when she was the Bond girl, and would have made her 39 at the time. I wonder if she was the oldest Bond girl in the series? I think she was even older than Sean Connery. I can't think off hand who would have been older in any of the other Bond films.

Usually they tend to be late 20s, maybe early 30s when they are cast in an upcoming Bond movie.

A good long life for sure.

She probably was at the time but the recent series Monica Bellucci was in her 50's I think in Spectre.

Not celebrities, but yesterday was notified of 3 ex colleagues passed away in the 2 last weeks. Nothing Cvirus related.

site foreman 64 y old

Mechanic 52 y old

Chief welder 70 y old.

All people with 20 to 30 y in the company.

It attracted my attention that the welder, the one who has inhaled toxic fumes all his life, lived the longest. 

Sadly most of the colleagues that passed away in recent years were less than 70.

The circle is reduced every year.

Edited by Thai Spice
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Famous old childhood joke ...... traffic cop PC Plod stops a speeding motorist :

'Excuse me sir who do you think you are Stirling Moss. Can I see your driving license please .......................... Cor blimey'!!!!

Nobody says Cor blimey any more btw ......... 🏎️

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

Same as Gordon Bennett .. 😉 

Foot of our stairs ....... well I'll be a Dutchman's uncle ..... light and bitter ...... tallyman's at the door ..... one or two bags of coal mum ..... 

Gold top or red .....  Green shield stamps with that ..... 

Happy days ....... where's BM Jambo when you need him..... 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Colby Cave, hockey player at Edmonton Oilers and Bakersfield Condors. 25 years old. He had been in a coma since april 7th after suffering from a cerebral bleeding.

Very sad news indeed. My nephew is the biggest Oilers fan the last decade or so, the virus shut down the league 3 weeks before they would have started the playoffs. Don’t know how much potential Colby had, but at 25 he still had a chance at making the jump to the big team, where even the minimum salary is almost $1m a year. Had a wife too. I really hope he had some kind of life insurance, or the team kicks in some donations. 
Me and the nephew last year, Super Bowl Sunday in Montreal. Was a great hockey game, then caught the subway back to my Dad’s for the football

9B54FCE5-08CC-4BB5-9BCF-02E936F3B6EF.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1