Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

11 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

As a Blues fan and a person who was a season ticket holder in the great years of the 70's I am particularly sad to hear of the passing of 'The Cat' Peter Bonetti.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-legend-peter-the-cat-bonetti-dies-aged-78-a4412866.html

Even though he played for a team we Ranger's fans despise, he was a bloody good goalkeeper. 

RIP

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just caught it all at the tail-end of C4 news tonight.

Tim Brooke-Taylor, Sir Stirling Moss and Peter Bonetti on the same day, very sad. Heart-breaking like many others at the moment they won't get a proper send off.

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Just caught it all at the tail-end of C4 news tonight.

Tim Brooke-Taylor, Sir Stirling Moss and Peter Bonetti on the same day, very sad. Heart-breaking like many others at the moment they won't get a proper send off.

Very sad, they are restricting funerals to 10 people here at the moment

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

Very sad, they are restricting funerals to 10 people here at the moment

Agreed, my 46 year old cousin passed away on good Friday. When the funeral eventually gets Arranged, 10 only. So me and me old mum won't be able to attend. 

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

Brian Dennehy gone at 81. Played the Sheriff in First Blood with Stallone, as well as many others over the years. Great actor IMO

434E4914-014C-4DFE-BD90-F8AE3292F43F.jpeg

Was watching him a few days ago in Cocoon and was wondering then if he was still alive, now I know.  Sad news.

No-one anyone here knows, but a mate's dad in the UK.  The point of mentioning it is because they're only allowed 5 at the graveside otherwise the funeral will be called off, and he's had to pay for security at the cemetery gates.

• Sad 2
  • Surprised 1

I lost my dad over the weekend. Though he was a prime candidate to catch the Corona virus, it wasn't from that. He died in his sleep from what I was told by my sister. He had suffered from a combination of several ailments that had plagued him the last years of his life and made his quality of life less than stellar.

He enjoyed hearing of my travels over the years and a few stories gathered from many long drinking sessions among expat mates and fellow travelers, especially when in Pattaya. I bought him a beer mug from the Guinness brewery in Dublin when I took a tour and told him what an absolutely gorgeous country Ireland was and the people among the friendliest people on earth I had ever met. As he was half Irish, he would have loved having the chance to see it himself but never did. I think he lived somewhat vicariously through me and many times wish he could have enjoyed a pint with me during those moments.

He was 78 and lived longer in retired life than do most men who had a career in law enforcement, for which I was grateful for that. I'm sad I wasn't there to tell him that I loved him and goodbye, but am comforted in knowing his suffering is no more. He will be with me in spirit from now on.

I'll miss him deeply. RIP Dad.

• Like 6
  • Sad 17

6 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

I lost my dad over the weekend. Though he was a prime candidate to catch the Corona virus, it wasn't from that. He died in his sleep from what I was told by my sister. He had suffered from a combination of several ailments that had plagued him the last years of his life and made his quality of life less than stellar.

He enjoyed hearing of my travels over the years and a few stories gathered from many long drinking sessions among expat mates and fellow travelers, especially when in Pattaya. I bought him a beer mug from the Guinness brewery in Dublin when I took a tour and told him what an absolutely gorgeous country Ireland was and the people among the friendliest people on earth I had ever met. As he was half Irish, he would have loved having the chance to see it himself but never did. I think he lived somewhat vicariously through me and many times wish he could have enjoyed a pint with me during those moments.

He was 78 and lived longer in retired life than do most men who had a career in law enforcement, for which I was grateful for that. I'm sad I wasn't there to tell him that I loved him and goodbye, but am comforted in knowing his suffering is no more. He will be with me in spirit from now on.

Very sorry.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Sorry for your loss mate, it sounds like you have spent alot of quality time with your dad. Remember the good times.

RIP

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Deeply sorry to hear that. R.I.P

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

A traditional Irish blessing I remember using for my own dad. RIP

“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your face…”

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

50 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Sorry to hear of your loss. 

RIP

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

So sorry for your loss mate

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

MrSmooth,

sorry for your loss,

many years ago i lost a good mate and his old English teacher gave me a wee note.

"Life is eternal and

Love is immortal and

and what we call death,

is only the horizan

beyond which we cannot see"

i've had that for 45 years.

R.I.P. Mr Smooths dad.

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Like 6