Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

He done so much for football in the Republic of Ireland. Before him, football was secondary to GAA or hurling. 

The joke going at the time was if you were any way good at football and owned an Irish Setter, didn't matter where you were born, big Jack would name you in the ROI squad.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

RIP great guitar player.  He had a very dark period where he disappeared off of the radar and left Fleetwood Mac.

Messed up on acid and he never really recovered.  He made a slight come back a few years ago but by then he had lost that magic that he once had. 

A sad loss to the music industry and death of a legend

Oh Well

• Like 1

Yves Hoet.

A wonderful, genuine, generous Pattaya friend passed at 57 at his home in Switzerland after travelling back on the first flight on July 1st to see his recently born granddaughter. He will be much missed by his Thai family and friends. RIP my friend.

Sent from my SM-J610F using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

RIP great guitar player.  He had a very dark period where he disappeared off of the radar and left Fleetwood Mac.

Messed up on acid and he never really recovered.  He made a slight come back a few years ago but by then he had lost that magic that he once had. 

Oh Well

One of the best. He just had one bad drug session in Germany and was never the same again. Really liked his stuff real blues music.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Oh Well

Yes he became a recluse for a large part of his life holed up in a west country cottage, grew his finger nails to a ridiculous length but he did come out of it eventually with the help of friends. I saw FM twice at wembley arena back in the 80's sadly minus PG, great band imo. PG was the songwriter of Black Magic woman and Albertros, two fantastic songs.

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

14 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yes he became a recluse for a large part of his life holed up in a west country cottage, grew his finger nails to a ridiculous length but he did come out of it eventually with the help of friends. I saw FM twice at wembley arena back in the 80's sadly minus PG, great band imo. PG was the songwriter of Black Magic woman and Albertros, two fantastic songs.

I still on occasion watch the old Fleetwood Mac of the Green era on youtube, when they were a blues band. What an incredible talent this guy was. Looking back, it is just remarkable the guitar talent that was playing back in the late 60's in London and throughout England. A proverbial "Who's who" of guitar wizards, and all of them emerging out of the blues scene then.

And Peter Green was the equal of any of them.

Read some very nice tributes about him from others who appreciated his talent.

• Thumbs Up 3