Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

3 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Not only a Bond girl but a Bond wife. Married to the Bond played by George Lazenby. Only time it happened apparently. 

True. In some subsequent movies there are references to his marriage. There is one where he visits her grave in the pre-title sequence (For Your Eyes Only with Roger Moore) and one where he is best man at Felix Leiter's wedding, where the subject comes up (License To Kill with Timothy Dalton).

• Great Info 1

3 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Never met the man, but sounds like he lived a very full life. Invested in many ventures when it was still cheap to do so. I think the single men of the Western world don’t realize what they missed out on in the 80’s, 90’s, and so on. I split with the fiancee in 2003, was talking about going over the next year, didn’t make it until 2008.  Value for $, I don’t think we will see anything like the old Thailand again

BTW.......Foxtrot Oscar, never heard that before.....will have to remember that one when I want to be politely rude

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2020 at 4:19 PM, galenkia said:

Uriah Heep drummer Lee Kerslake aged 73 from cancer. 

Also played on Ozzy's first two solo albums. Diary Of A Madman is a brilliant album. 

RIP

119888473_10158858344942318_3522023837416442626_n.jpg

Hadn't read this, thanks for posting. Really sad. Heep were my favourite band when they brought their first album out, Very 'eavy,  very 'umble. Loved the first track, Gypsy and Come Away Melinda.

Went to see them 3 times at the Ipswich Gaumont. They were excellent live, purported to be the loudest rock band when playing live. David Byron, who passed away years ago, was a great lead vocalist.

Lee wasn't with the band until the 4th album, Demons and Wizards. Found this clip of Heep lip synching on top of the pops to The Wizard, the main track from the album. Some good clips of him in the vid.

Rest in Peace Lee.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I've got the vinyl album BB, love it.

Awesome. I did have it, but sold it with my whole collection last July before I moved to Thailand. Rely on Spotify now . . .

That was the first album I ever bought. Got it from a mate who nicked it from our local record store, still in the cellophane!!!

I bought all their albums until Byron then Lawton left. I think the latest singer is crap, doesn't do justice to the great songs they wrote and performed.

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 1:03 AM, galenkia said:

Top batsman and averaged 40's in test and ODI cricket. 

RIP 

_114586567_deanjones.jpg

ex aussie fastbowler Brett Lee gave him CPR for a hour on the floor of the studio,but he was gone

who will ever forget his double ton in india,in oppressive heat,he had batting for awhile and went to allan border the captain said he could not gone on.border answered with a now famous quote "well f**k off and we can get a Queenslander out here" jones went to make one of Australias finest double ton in india.

shit he would have been a superstar in twenty 20 cricket

RIP jonesy

• Like 7