Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

Speaking of 100......

20180528_Veterans.jpg

WW2 was 78 years ago so most of the surviving WW2 veterans are around 100 years old...Now less than 1% of WW2 veterans are still living....But they seem to be lasting a bit longer than the Billionaires.........So if you want to live longer become a veteran, not a Billionaire... 

2 hours ago, fforest said:

Speaking of 100......

20180528_Veterans.jpg

WW2 was 78 years ago so most of the surviving WW2 veterans are around 100 years old...Now less than 1% of WW2 veterans are still living....But they seem to be lasting a bit longer than the Billionaires.........So if you want to live longer become a veteran, not a Billionaire... 

George Galloway doesn't agree, but you'll have to listen to the end to get to that point

Bobby Caldwell, dead at 71. Probably his best known hit, and for nearly 40 years, I had always thought it was a black guy singing! I, and many others, were surprised he was white. Some of the reaction videos on YT show how surprised black people were to find out when listening to the song for the first time, Caldwell was white.

Great tune....RIP.

18 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Hell of a background this dude had. 

They refer to Layla big in this piece. Eric Clapton's song of course. But it was Duane Allman who made that song so great.

Can't even believe what must go through someone's mind so horrific that they would kill their mother. For Christ sake !

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this was interesting

The age of voters in Thailand....Or how many people are alive at different ages in Thailand.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/special-reports/2541694/thais-fighting-wars-on-many-fronts?view_comment=1

Generation-Z-  Age 11-26    7,670,354

Generation-Y-  Age 27-42   15,144,468

Generation-X-  Age 43-58   16,091,150

Baby Boomers-Age 59-77    11,153,133

Silent Generation   78-98      2,227,540

Older than 98   Age 98 plus        36,197

• Great Info 1

18 minutes ago, fforest said:

I thought this was interesting

The age of voters in Thailand....Or how many people are alive at different ages in Thailand.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/special-reports/2541694/thais-fighting-wars-on-many-fronts?view_comment=1

Generation-Z-  Age 11-26    7,670,354

Generation-Y-  Age 27-42   15,144,468

Generation-X-  Age 43-58   16,091,150

Baby Boomers-Age 59-77    11,153,133

Silent Generation   78-98      2,227,540

Older than 98   Age 98 plus        36,197

It is interesting that this is in RIP/Obituaries thread because there is one law that should be dead and buried.

My daughter is voting age Gen Z .. And she agrees with me .. 

Wow .. much too young 

Paul Cattermole: S Club 7 star dies aged 46

S Club 7 star Paul Cattermole has died at the age of 46, weeks after the band announced a comeback tour.

"It is with great sadness that we announce the unexpected passing of our beloved son and brother Paul Cattermole," a statement from his family and the pop group said.

He died on Thursday and the cause of his death is unknown but there are no suspicious circumstances, it said.

S Club 7 were one of the biggest pop acts of the late 1990s and early 2000s.

Their hits included Reach, Don't Stop Movin' and S Club Party. In total, they had 11 UK top 10 singles, including four number ones, and sold more than 10 million albums worldwide. They also won two Brit Awards.

• Sad 2

Remembering today a Hero of Horsepower who inspired a nation with a series of Spirit of America world land speed record-setting vehicles, Motorsports Hall of Fame of America Class of 1993 inductee Craig Breedlove. The first man to reach 400, 500 and 600 mph, Breedlove passed yesterday less than two weeks after his 86th birthday. Sending our condolences to the Breedlove family on the loss of a true American hero.

339997425_780288756858950_8236140498676102239_n.jpeg

• Sad 5

Another exceptional musician leaves us - Ian Bairnson has passed away at the age of 69:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Bairnson

This is the fellow that did all of the marvellous guitar work on the Alan Parsons Project recordings, as well as many other accomplishments along the way - awful to think that someone so gifted should come to such a sad end - may he RIP. I have always been a fan of the APP and a major reason was just to listen to this man's unique style. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Another exceptional musician leaves us - Ian Bairnson has passed away at the age of 69:

This is the fellow that did all of the marvellous guitar work on the Alan Parsons Project recordings, as well as many other accomplishments along the way - awful to think that someone so gifted should come to such a sad end - may he RIP. I have always been a fan of the APP and a major reason was just to listen to this man's unique style. 

Great guitarist. 

He featured on a few of Kate Bush albums. 

RIP 

13 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I never get tired of this song. Or, any of their songs for that matter.