Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

Many of you may remember Tony a regular in Babydolls, Secrets, Le Pub and many more. He was found dead in his bed yesterday.
A truly lovely guy, never had a bad word to say about anyone. Spent most of his working life in Germany, but originally from Northumbria. Big f1 fan.
A very sad day. We send our deepest sympathies from all the staff at Le Pub.

c336c1a3ab6d7cf26c29d970e7658693.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, misteregg said:

Many of you may remember Tony a regular in Babydolls, Secrets, Le Pub and many more. He was found dead in his bed yesterday.
A truly lovely guy, never had a bad word to say about anyone. Spent most of his working life in Germany, but originally from Northumbria. Big f1 fan.

RIP.....

On 5/1/2019 at 9:15 AM, misteregg said:

Blimey just seen this Phil. Remember him well and yes nice bloke. Used to go round with a group of others to Secrets, BabyDs and Le Pub as you say .... Lordy

RIP

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Blimey just seen this Phil. Remember him well and yes nice bloke. Used to go round with a group of others to Secrets, BabyDs and Le Pub as you say .... Lordy

RIP

I was sharing a corner table with him in Scooters/Secrets on the Sunday at the Motown music night and two days later he had very sadly passed. 

Yes, a lovely guy and a great shock at his sudden departure.

• Thumbs Up 1

Freddie Starr was found dead in his Spanish home yesterday.

Great comedian, actually had lunch with him about 10 years ago. Naturally funny man.

He got dragged into the sex abuse scandal, no idea if there was any guilt there or not, but I'm sure it must have affected his health.

RIP Freddie.

Freddie Starr.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Captain_B said:

Used to have a similar thread on Secrets. Sad but informative.

Starting off with Freddy Star 74 yrs died at his home in Spain.

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk

Already a thread going 

Jesus.....Bert Cooper, USA heavyweight contender who fought for the title several times, gone from pancreatic cancer at only 53. He and Ray Mercer I remember as 2 guys who were near the top, both had granite chins but not flashy. RIP

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 2

I was watching Freddy Star at the nightclub in Watford ( forget the name ) the same day we attacked the Falkland Islands.

After his show was a guy playing a classical guitar set very good and the audience was silent until Freddie ran on the stage shouting the Argentinians have just shot down their own plain. The audience just burst into laughter the Spanish guitarist didn’t know what to do .

Another time saw him in a comedy show on ITV my friend knew the producer who was going crazy as Freddie was not sticking to his script but he was hilarious