Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

1 hour ago, nampla69 said:

I'm Jack ............... UK guys of a certain age will remember this so well. he just died !!

Good riddance to a useless piece of shit!

At least three other girls were butchered by Sutcliffe because how he derailed the investigation  

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Franco Colombu, 2 time Mr. Olympia has passed at 78. Great friend of Arnold and one of the strongest men pound for pound ever. Drowned in Sardinia after having a heart attack

FD486875-4590-4EEE-9D1B-64784180E73D.jpeg

Personally, I think that body building like that is grotesque but he must have worked hard to get his body in that shape.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Personally, I think that body building like that is grotesque but he must have worked hard to get his body in that shape.

Arnold and him had what I consider nice physiques. Now the guys of today, who weigh maybe 75 pounds more than Arnie, with less fat, but distended stomachs because their organs get bigger with all the insulin and growth hormone......bloody disgusting. To push your body to those levels, in a sport where you can’t really make a good living unless you’re top 5 in the world, all the while shortening life expectancy......I shake my head. Ronnie Coleman, 8 straight Mr. O titles, 52 and needs a walker to move around. Was it worth it? 

048CE23F-DB07-4F37-8866-C394818084CD.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Washedup said:

Golden era of bodybuilding golden era of life in general RIP franco you had an amazing life 1941~2019 the world is a poorer place without you in it..

Along with Lou Ferignno and Arnie,those 3 brought bodybuilding into the mainstream when it was a little known sport.And created a billion dollar business for guys like Joe Weider.

RIP Franco.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Along with Lou Ferignno and Arnie,those 3 brought bodybuilding into the mainstream when it was a little known sport.And created a billion dollar business for guys like Joe Weider.

RIP Franco.

I also admired a lot of the late 50s early 60s bodybuilders..steve reeves,  bill pearl, larry scott and Yorkshires finest Reg park, reg was a monster of a man who Arnold looked up to..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Washedup said:

I also admired a lot of the late 50s early 60s bodybuilders..steve reeves,  bill pearl, larry scott and Yorkshires finest Reg park, reg was a monster of a man who Arnold looked up to..

80's/90's was more my era,Arnie,Tom Platz,Dorian Yates, etc.

Before all the GH guts etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

80's/90's was more my era,Arnie,Tom Platz,Dorian Yates, etc.

Before all the GH guts etc.

I think to this day no one has developed legs like Platz, only guy in history to have an upper body that didn’t measure up to his lower half. But he was insane in his work ethic, when it would burn, he was just getting started 

Yates was awesome, IMO retired at the right time. Saw him on Joe Rogan podcast, very humble man, doesn’t shy away from talking about drugs

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Arnold and him had what I consider nice physiques. Now the guys of today, who weigh maybe 75 pounds more than Arnie, with less fat, but distended stomachs because their organs get bigger with all the insulin and growth hormone......bloody disgusting. To push your body to those levels, in a sport where you can’t really make a good living unless you’re top 5 in the world, all the while shortening life expectancy......I shake my head. Ronnie Coleman, 8 straight Mr. O titles, 52 and needs a walker to move around. Was it worth it? 

048CE23F-DB07-4F37-8866-C394818084CD.jpeg

gross

• Thumbs Up 1

Any from the UK DJ scene in the 70s/80s will remember Les Adams, otherwise known as LA Mix or The MixDoctor.

Les was the chief remixer for DMC and his mega mixes and remixes dominated the nightclub dance floors in the 80s.

If you ever spent time in a club in the 80s making shapes, you will have heard one of his works.

A real legend in the DJ industry.

He died of a heart attack on Tuesday.

• Sad 1

Image result for texas jam 1978

I saw Eddie Money here....First concert I ever went to.....Over 100,000 people....Texxas Jam July,1, 1978....I have never seen so many people smoking weed all in one place in all my life...It was insane....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 2

Yeah went to see Blake Shelton last night here, he mentioned Eddie Money to the audience and what a great guy he was. NYE 1976 in San Francisco, Eddie Money, Flo and Eddie ( The Turtles)  and The Tubes. Those were the days. Saw him in 1980 at Lake Tahoe also. Great artist and worked the stage like no other. 

RIP Eddie Money......

• Like 4