Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

On 10/8/2019 at 5:15 PM, Steelers4Life said:

"But I'm near the end and I just ain't got the time
And I'm wasted and I can't find my way home."

I hope you found your way Ginger. RIP

For anyone interested, one of the best musical documentaries I've ever watched was "Beware of Mr. Baker", from 2012. It is a fascinating look at his growing up years and how his dad went off to fight in WWII and sadly never came home and the effects it had on him later on.

Clapton is interviewed here and at one point when asked how Baker compared to John Bonham and Keith Moon, he immediately dismisses it and says with Baker, there was basically no one who could touch him.

It's on youtube and it is one hour and 32 minutes of tremendous stories, anecdotes, poignant moments and the harsh truth about what a very crude man he could be, even to his own family.

I just watched it again and it's well worth a look.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

8 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

For anyone interested, one of the best musical documentaries I've ever watched was "Beware of Mr. Baker", from 2012. It is a fascinating look at his growing up years and how his dad went off to fight in WWII and sadly never came home and the effects it had on him later on.

Clapton is interviewed here and at one point when asked how Baker compared to John Bonham and Keith Moon, he immediately dismisses it and says with Baker, there was basically no one who could touch him.

It's on youtube and it is one hour and 32 minutes of tremendous stories, anecdotes, poignant moments and the harsh truth about what a very crude man he could be, even to his own family.

I just watched it again and it's well worth a look.

Thanks. I'll look forward to watching that.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Glass, as a guy who loves to watch documentaries, such as the one on Ginger Baker I posted before, I also watched one on Robert Evans some years back called, 'The Kid Stays in the Picture", another fascinating behind the scenes look at a guy who played such a large part in the entertainment industry.

Haven't checked, but that also might be on YouTube as well, since the doc is from about 2003 or 2004 I think.

14 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Glass, as a guy who loves to watch documentaries, such as the one on Ginger Baker I posted before, I also watched one on Robert Evans some years back called, 'The Kid Stays in the Picture", another fascinating behind the scenes look at a guy who played such a large part in the entertainment industry.

Haven't checked, but that also might be on YouTube as well, since the doc is from about 2003 or 2004 I think.

Thanks for that. Never new much about the guy, but he appears to have had a great deal of influence at one time. Interesting.

14 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

John Witherspoon, who played Ice Cube’s father in the Friday franchise, gone at 77. 
Very funny man, saw him in Boomerang with Eddie Murphy giving him advice

”Don’t be pussy whipped.....whip dat pussy!”

6481BFDA-0C46-4A2B-B018-2F7DE93155FD.png

I liked him. Funny guy.

Last Friday night, November 1, our beloved and only cat died, she was 24 years old.

She suffered recently from senility and during the last weeks she was almost only skin and bones because she ate less and less.
It’s not easy to cope with the grieving. She leaves an empty space in my life, something always reminds me of her and I catch myself as I constantly look at her favorite places if she lies there.

I'm constantly trying to distract myself, so it's difficult for me to talk about it.

Sandy 06-2014-2.JPG

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

Field Marshall Lord Bramall KG GCB OBE MC has died aged 95

Was accused by fantasist 'Nick' of being a paedophile by an obsessed Met police force looking to believe any accusers without proof. 

Man was a war hero and no police have been disciplined over it, its a fucking disgrace. 

Rip to a great man. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

Field Marshall Lord Bramall KG GCB OBE MC has died aged 95

Was accused by fantasist 'Nick' of being a paedophile by an obsessed Met police force looking to believe any accusers without proof. 

Man was a war hero and no police have been disciplined over it, its a fucking disgrace. 

Rip to a great man. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50397069?fbclid=IwAR0PTRK4nr57JtxJgww94tkDRer3TCE7IjAGRErLXYfCkFAk1VgRU7y-jnc

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...