Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

Interesting obit piece here on a Wrigleyville (Chicago Cubs neighborhood) bartender, Floyd Saunders. I used to live a few blocks from Wrigley Field. Wrigley was the center of the world for many, including me. A paradise of green and Cubbie blue, unlike no place on Earth. Also attended many great shows at Metro (across the street from Wrigley). Great old school medium sized joint where you could really cut loose. Saw the Ramones there among many others. Great memories.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/business/floyd-saunders-bartender-wrigleyville-tap-doningers-joe-strummer-eddie-vedder-motorhead-obituary/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Interesting obit piece here on a Wrigleyville (Chicago Cubs neighborhood) bartender, Floyd Saunders. I used to live a few blocks from Wrigley Field. Wrigley was the center of the world for many, including me. A paradise of green and Cubbie blue, unlike no place on Earth. Also attended many great shows at Metro (across the street from Wrigley). Great old school medium sized joint where you could really cut loose. Saw the Ramones there among many others. Great memories.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/business/floyd-saunders-bartender-wrigleyville-tap-doningers-joe-strummer-eddie-vedder-motorhead-obituary/

Interesting character, thanks for posting that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard today that keyboard player/guitarist Paul Raymond of the rock band UFO passed away on saturday of a heart attack aged 73.

They had recently finished what was their 50th anniversary and final tour.

Great band,loved their music.

RIP Paul.

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:19 PM, galenkia said:

Just heard today that keyboard player/guitarist Paul Raymond of the rock band UFO passed away on saturday of a heart attack aged 73.

RIP Paul.

Use to jam to that band, early in H.S.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Bradley Welsh was shot to death in Scotland, at 42. I loved Trainspotting, but never saw the sequel he starred in. RIP

Hibs Casual, and well known to the Police for various, by all accounts. 

On 4/16/2019 at 5:19 AM, galenkia said:

RIP Paul.

Alan, my Son tells me Michael Schenker is a beast...the owner of this Guitar store where I bought my Son an Amp, said that 2 years ago, Michael Schenker came in and did an autograph signing. That day they sold 7 of his " signature" Flying V Models. He also said he was a real nice guy and talked to everyone there and answered all the questions etc. Here is a pic I took of the "Dean" Guitars that he has a line with. 

IMG_9559.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Alan, my Son tells me Michael Schenker is a beast...the owner of this Guitar store where I bought my Son an Amp, said that 2 years ago, Michael Schenker came in and did an autograph signing. That day they sold 7 of his " signature" Flying V Models. He also said he was a real nice guy and talked to everyone there and answered all the questions etc. Here is a pic I took of the "Dean" Guitars that he has a line with. 

IMG_9559.JPG

Brilliant guitarist,saw him live in the 80's when he had his own band MSG.Must be in his 70's now,and his brother Rudolph has been recently doing a 50th anniversary tour with his band Scorpions.

• Like 1

Billy McNeill, Captain of Glasgow Celtic when they became the first British club to lift the European Cup in 1967.

He had suffered from dementia for a few years and was a great ambassador for the club and Scottish football in general. R.I.P.

ceaser.png

• Like 1

Tommy Smith, Liverpool legend.

As an Ipswich fan we used to be neck and neck with Liverpool for the old Div 1 in the 70's and had some fantastic games against them over that time. Tommy Smith was a colossus in Liverpool's defence. Hard as nails. Unfortunately died on April 12th.

RIP Tommy.

player_smith.jpg

tommysmith1204a.jpg

Edited by Britboy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Legendary former Celtic captain Billy McNeill - the first Briton to lift the European Cup - has died aged 79.

McNeill led Celtic when they beat Inter Milan 2-1 in 1967 and captained the club to nine successive titles, seven Scottish Cups and six League Cups.

billy-mcneill-signed-photo---1967-european-cup-final.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, fatbhoytim said:

Billy McNeill, Captain of Glasgow Celtic when they became the first British club to lift the European Cup in 1967.

He had suffered from dementia for a few years and was a great ambassador for the club and Scottish football in general. R.I.P.

ceaser.png

36 minutes ago, ArtyGraph said:

Legendary former Celtic captain Billy McNeill - the first Briton to lift the European Cup - has died aged 79.

McNeill led Celtic when they beat Inter Milan 2-1 in 1967 and captained the club to nine successive titles, seven Scottish Cups and six League Cups.

billy-mcneill-signed-photo---1967-european-cup-final.png

A great leader and very decent human being by all accounts.

Old School, like John Greig, who will no doubt lead tributes to Billy.

Dementia is a c**t of a thing.

RIP Billy.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Stevie Chalmers, who scored the winning goal in the European Cup Final in 1967. Like Billy McNeill, he also suffered from dementia latterly. I am convinced there must be a link between the players of that era and the heavy leather balls they were heading.  R.I.P.

steviechalmers.jpg

• Like 1