How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Sign in to follow this  
Krapow

Health insurance now mandatory

For over 50s who are 'long stayers'. 

Maybe easier said than done, dependant on age. 

20 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Maybe easier said than done, dependant on age. 

I think this was recently discussed on another thread ? But cant remember the title ?

1 minute ago, Thai Spice said:

I think this was recently discussed on another thread ? But cant remember the title ?

Are you saying I'm fucking plagiarising my epic threads?

You wanna take this outside?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Krapow said:

Could you post a source, please.

There's the expected hugely-long thread about this on ThaiVisa. Typically, no-one seems to know what the precise rules are - in particular, who they apply to.

UbonJoe, a mod there whose opinions seem usually to be correct, says:

"Immigration will not be wanting to see proof of medical insurance.

The article in the news is only for applying for a OA long stay visa at the Thai embassy in you home country."

• Thumbs Up 1

If they made it a general requirement it would be bound to end up an enormous fiasco making oodles of money for the insurers and their 'sponsors' in government while providing nothing useful in the way of health insurance coverage for farangs.

46 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

If they made it a general requirement it would be bound to end up an enormous fiasco making oodles of money for the insurers and their 'sponsors' in government while providing nothing useful in the way of health insurance coverage for farangs.

Well, thats maybe the general idea ?

• Thumbs Up 1

Makes sense Thais have been fed up with picking up hospital bills for a while. My three month jaunts I always take out insurance.

No problem for me, have health insurance through AIA when in Bangkok at the wifes house. It's actually reasonable and I am 62 now. 

Posted (edited)

I think it is a great step forward; ensuring tourists have travel insurance or expats have medical insurance on entering is another issue.

Should be mandatory for all those arriving in the LOS.

If you can't afford it then that says something of the problem and why you could become a liability to the State.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 2

interesting Tomas ...... I'm sure there will be lots more on this .......... :default_gathering:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

@tommy dee I think you will be needing to correct that video.

I'm a bit disappointed you have put it out at this stage as it's just adding to the scaremongering before the full facts are known.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bazle said:

@tommy dee I think you will be needing to correct that video.

I'm a bit disappointed you have put it out at this stage as it's just adding to the scaremongering before the full facts are known.

we have to.  heres the reason,  its based totally on a statement from the health ministry.  if idont, i will be accused of white washing, if I do, i get your comment.  things change here.. andthere will be amendments but these thigns ALWAYS end up as being law ( tm30/800K/driver licence change).  far from scare mongering.. its a heads up  cheers

• Like 1

I did read an article about this and a foot note said that insurance is not needed provided you have enough money in a Thai bank. The amount mentioned was 400,000 Thai baht. No other explanation.

1 minute ago, Gary said:

I did read an article about this and a foot note said that insurance is not needed provided you have enough money in a Thai bank. The amount mentioned was 400,000 Thai baht. No other explanation.

That was mentioned for those who cannot get insurance. 40k for out patient and 400k for in patient... bit of a wank if one ends up somewhere like Bangkok Pattaya  as that 400k wont last long.

• Like 1

Just now, Sir_Fondles said:

That was mentioned for those who cannot get insurance. 40k for out patient and 400k for in patient... bit of a wank if one ends up somewhere like Bangkok Pattaya  as that 400k wont last long.

Nor will what an insurance company will be willing to pay out!

1 minute ago, Bazle said:

Nor will what an insurance company will be willing to pay out!

Pay for a better policy then.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Pay for a better policy then.

Not talking about me. I don't want insurance in Thailand - I decided long ago to "self-insure".

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Krapow said:

How dare you reprobates doubt me!

Don’t you mean invertebrates?🤣

Sign in to follow this