Jump to content
Lanzalad

So your plan is retire and live in Thailand.

Recommended Posts

Wonder what the impact of all this will be on people who planned to settle down and retire in Thailand in the future ?

I mean, looking at the reaction of the government, the red tape for foreigners etc....

It just confirms my thinking "anywhere I stay is temporary and I am always ready to pack if the shit hits the fan". 

But I think it will sure slow down or delay (temporary) some "exotic retirement plans". 

On the otherr hand nowhere is risk free, being it the virus of the century, riots, civil war, massive earthquakes, tsunami, volcanos, etc......  Hence I never really stress about any of this and I continue to enjoy daily life. Till I decide to move and do the same elsewhere.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Wonder what the impact of all this will be on people who planned to settle down and retire in Thailand in the future ?

When customers would tell me they could not wait to retire here in Pattaya I would tell them it's great you are going to be making the right move. Now years later I would tell them to take 60 days and live like a resident not a guy on holiday then see if they still want to live here. 

I never regret making the move i did retiring here. I got lucky and fell into some good situations. In my case this is home for the long haul but without question it is not for everyone.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yesitisdakid said:

When customers would tell me they could not wait to retire here in Pattaya I would tell them it's great you are going to be making the right move. Now years later I would tell them to take 60 days and live like a resident not a guy on holiday then see if they still want to live here. 

I never regret making the move i did retiring here. I got lucky and fell into some good situations. In my case this is home for the long haul but without question it is not for everyone.

Sure living in the place for several months for a "trial run" is a must.

And as you say, living or retiring overseas is not for everyone. Luckily, because the sunny places would be flooded !

My main reason to retire overseas is the climate. Next the cost of live,  comparing the livestyle with what I would have in my country. Validated even more now.

Being not really a sentimental or a family man makes it easier.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

the cost of live,  comparing the livestyle with what I would have in my country.

My main reasons as well

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2020 at 12:18 PM, Thai Spice said:

 

It just confirms my thinking "anywhere I stay is temporary and I am always ready to pack if the shit hits the fan". 

Exactly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2020 at 2:53 AM, Jambo said:

I am now stuck here in Mae Sot not able to return to Bangsaray until they lift the restrictions on travel. The only way out of Mae Sot to travel south takes you to a permanant police/army checkpoint 10 minutes drive away. That is the first of four between Mae Sot and Bangkok.

There is a huge Government hospital here but I have no idea what it is like other than the fact that our one and only Covid patient ( Paki visitor from Pattaya! 🙂) is still in residency with his girlfriend in isolation. Sai's Mother has diabetes and seems to have been well looked after as an out patient.

Another 12 days before I try to do my 90 days online. Total mixed messages as to whether it will work or not.

ps: Sai just informed me that the guy has been released from hospital having recovered. His "girlfriend" is out of isolation having not contracted Covid. Apparently, she was some Thai guy in Mae Sot's official "girlfiend" and is now being given the "sent to Coventry" cold shoulder by friends and relations. 🤣

Data protection obviously not a thing in the Thai healthcare system.

LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Data protection obviously not a thing in the Thai healthcare system.

LOL.

I don't know about public hospitals ....

But, for sure your statement applying it to private hospitals cannot be further from the truth ...

I have witnessed the pains and extensive effort being applied daily within the private hospital "space" here in regarding "data protection" .... due to the fact that I consult to 18  private hospitals developing software for them the last over 15 years .....

 

  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...