Sign in to follow this  
Aqualung

Vietnam or immigration office

I arrived in Los on the 3rd May and I'm due to leave on the 29th May. However all good plans change and me and the TW want to extend our stay another 10-14 days which means I'll have to do something which allows me to stay in los legally. 

I've never really took much notice of other threads regarding visa extension and the like so would appreciate a bit of guidance bearing in mind I'm a bit of a thick fecker! 

A short trip to Vietnam appeals the most to us. Or should I go to an immigration office local to where we are in Don Mueang? Is an appointment needed etc and what paperwork would I need to take with me. 

Apologies this kind of topic has probably been posted tons but I've not read any of them. 

Cheers 

Steve. 

Posted (edited)

I'd just do a 3 day trip to Saigon if I was you. It's a day's task to go to the Chaeng Wattana complex to extend your current visa waiver stamp nowadays as it's so busy so you may as well spend a day or so flying to/from 'Nam instead and get a nice little city break too. 

Edit - Make sure you have 10k thb cash, and proof of hotel booking and flight out of Thailand for when you come back in for another visa waiver stamp so soon after you left. Probably not best to do this if you have a passport full of waiver stamps already tbh.

Edited by Shaksey
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Shaksey said:

I'd just do a 3 day trip to Saigon if I was you. It's a day's task to go to the Chaeng Wattana complex to extend your current visa waiver stamp nowadays as it's so busy so you may as well spend a day or so flying to/from 'Nam instead and get a nice little city break too. 

Edit - Make sure you have 10k thb cash, and proof of hotel booking and flight out of Thailand for when you come back in for another visa waiver stamp so soon after you left. Probably not best to do this if you have a passport full of waiver stamps already tbh.

Well I learned something from your post. Kop khun khrap. 

My new passport is empty of stamps mate. I'll probably take the Vietnam route and have a change of scenery. 

3 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

My new passport is empty of stamps mate. I'll probably take the Vietnam route and have a change of scenery. 

Lovely country is Vietnam. I love the place.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Top gaffe Aqua is Vietnam. Much nicer food than LOS ..... but will take you 3 days to figure out how to cross the road in Saigon/ Ho Chi Minh and I'm a  Londoner.

Hue and Hanoi are even better amazing country and cheap as chips ...... PSBolton have gone into administration. I know you hate Burnley more but still good news I would imagine ..:default_es0cw:

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, nampla69 said:

amazing country and cheap as chips

Amazing, yes. Cheap not really. I found both Ha Noi and Mong Cai to be more expensive than Pattaya. Just one, small example: fresh coconut straight from ice water is THB 20 just about everywhere in and around Pattaya. In both Ha Noi and Mong Cai you could get "fresh" coconuts, but those had been lying around in the sun and we paid (after conversion) somewhere between THB 39 and THB 40.

8 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I arrived in Los on the 3rd May and I'm due to leave on the 29th May. However all good plans change and me and the TW want to extend our stay another 10-14 days which means I'll have to do something which allows me to stay in los legally. 

I've never really took much notice of other threads regarding visa extension and the like so would appreciate a bit of guidance bearing in mind I'm a bit of a thick fecker! 

A short trip to Vietnam appeals the most to us. Or should I go to an immigration office local to where we are in Don Mueang? Is an appointment needed etc and what paperwork would I need to take with me. 

Apologies this kind of topic has probably been posted tons but I've not read any of them. 

Cheers 

Steve. 

You should be able to extend for another 30 days.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

Amazing, yes. Cheap not really. I found both Ha Noi and Mong Cai to be more expensive than Pattaya. Just one, small example: fresh coconut straight from ice water is THB 20 just about everywhere in and around Pattaya. In both Ha Noi and Mong Cai you could get "fresh" coconuts, but those had been lying around in the sun and we paid (after conversion) somewhere between THB 39 and THB 40.

Coconut water Mijnheer ????    Large beer 35p in Hue last year ....... an old Guilder ....

DSC_0288.jpg

DSC_0290.jpg

• Like 1

If you are near Don Muang airport you can fly direct to Danang with Airasia  and avoid Saigon traffic. I've been here 4 days and although it is hot it is lovely by the beach.

2 hours ago, andycoll said:

If you are near Don Muang airport you can fly direct to Danang with Airasia  and avoid Saigon traffic. I've been here 4 days and although it is hot it is lovely by the beach.

Im just across the road from Don Mueang Airport mate. Any more info on Danang please? 

Danang has very few tourist attractions itself apart from the beach. If you go there you should stay by the beach. Hue is 2 hours to the north and Hoi An 1/2an hour to the south. Otherwise it is just a place to relax by the beach, best done before 10am and after 4pm, otherwise it is a bit hot at the moment. It is a good option for a quick few days. If you have any specific questions I will answer if I can. At the moment I am in Quang Ngai which is about 2 hours to the south to visit My Lai. 

1 hour ago, andycoll said:

Danang has very few tourist attractions itself apart from the beach. If you go there you should stay by the beach. Hue is 2 hours to the north and Hoi An 1/2an hour to the south. Otherwise it is just a place to relax by the beach, best done before 10am and after 4pm, otherwise it is a bit hot at the moment. It is a good option for a quick few days. If you have any specific questions I will answer if I can. At the moment I am in Quang Ngai which is about 2 hours to the south to visit My Lai. 

Thanks very much Andy. 

I actually took a look at a couple of YouTube videos and I really like the look of the place as I'm not too sure about staying in a big city like Siagon. 

Not many shopping malls (good thing) for the TW to waste time in aswell. Iike the look of the cable car ride up the mountain too. 

Can you recommend a decent hotel by the beach you mentioned? 

Thanks again mate 

Much appreciated. 

Steve. 

Good shout about going direct to Danang if you can do that now 😎

I stayed at the Dylan Hotel and was happy with it. The breakfast was okay if you went after 7.30 when the hordes have left. They will clean a table for you and cook fresh eggs if you want. Any where in that area is fine. Don't pay more than 150,000 dong for a taxi. I've also stayed at the Bay Sydney in that area, ok but don't get the breakfast. The Billabong club overlooking the beach is a good spot for a few happy hour beers, 5-7 pm.

Sign in to follow this