Have been a big supporter of Steak and Co and China Garden for a long while.

Always spend money there and have never been disappointed.👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

Always spend money there and have never been disappointed.👍

I haven't been there for about 18 months. I tried it twice and was disappointed both times. I found Patrick's and Beefeater both better for a steak. especially Beefeater.

However, perhaps it's time I gave it another try.

Just now, Bazle said:

I haven't been there for about 18 months. I tried it twice and was disappointed both times. I found Patrick's and Beefeater both better for a steak. especially Beefeater.

Never been disappointed.

That looks some good Gary. Looks Lovely, cooked to perfection and although more than I’d wish to pay for a meal in Thailand, I’d certainly try this place when nextvin town. 

Surprised you strayed from chips 😎

Have not tried this place but been to both Patricks and Beefeater twice and both disappointing. Best steak in town for me is at Andre, Thappraya soi 6, also Belgian and has an attached bar specializing in Belgian beers. Try the filet, excellent and very reasonably priced.

I'm a regular at Steak & Co, the meat is perfect and they cook it just right for my taste. Compared with what you'd pay for a similar quality steak back in the UK I'd even go so far as to say that they're not expensive. I always go for the fillet, so I can't comment on the other cuts.

• Like 1

Whilst the Beefeater is my preferred place for a steak. I have eaten in Steak and Co several times and never had a bad meal. I think the last time I ordered a large steak it came as 2 pieces of 200g or 300g. I can't remember exact sizes but it was good.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Bazle said:

I felt pretty much the same as yourself Baz , but I feel they have upped their game and presentation is far better now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AJSP said:

That looks some good Gary. Looks Lovely, cooked to perfection and although more than I’d wish to pay for a meal in Thailand, I’d certainly try this place when nextvin town. 

Surprised you strayed from chips 😎

Frozen chips or fresh potato wedges  No competition Adam.

10 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

I'm a regular at Steak & Co, the meat is perfect and they cook it just right for my taste. Compared with what you'd pay for a similar quality steak back in the UK I'd even go so far as to say that they're not expensive. I always go for the fillet, so I can't comment on the other cuts.

Yep, you can get 400gms of fillet for the price you would pay for a 250gm fillet in a decent British restaurant.

The other night when we were in there I was Impressed by a plate of lamb chops being served at an adjacent table So went back tonight to sample them for myself.

I had the French Onion soup again to start. They serve you a basket of hot rolls with a quality butter.A sorbet is served between courses. The lamb is served as 2 double chops,I had them with roast pots and a beautiful (if you discount the sprouts) vegetable medley. The wife had Pad Thai gung which she said was delicious.All washed down with a couple of pints of Cider. Total price was 2000 but dead.

20190516_213602.jpg

20190516_213621.jpg

20190516_213724.jpg

20190516_213742.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

Cracking looking plates of fine food there mate, I'm sure you are waiting to have your chops again in HauHin, safe travels mate, tomorrow if I remember correctly. 

• Like 1

Just gets better. Nice phots.

love a bit of lamb and that looks superb 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I always make at least one stop in there for a steak when in town. Top notch steak (well one of best I can get when not home) IMO. 

Edited by Steelers4Life
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Binlid said:

Yep, you can get 400gms of fillet for the price you would pay for a 250gm fillet in a decent British restaurant.

It's struck me for a while that eating top quality imported Australian or US steak here is actually cheaper than eating it back in the UK. One of Pattaya's bargains compared with the usual hefty mark-up for foreign food imports.

• Like 2

Imported meat is always gonna be expensive. 

Lamb chops probably taking the lead considering the small amount of meat.

Was same in HKG, and is same here. Even if bought frozen in a supermarket.

47 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

It's struck me for a while that eating top quality imported Australian or US steak here is actually cheaper than eating it back in the UK. One of Pattaya's bargains compared with the usual hefty mark-up for foreign food imports.

The aussie beef and lamb I used to buy at foodland was cheaper than what I buy herein Aus at woolworths or coles.... I suspect they are a better grade too !!

3 hours ago, Sir_Fondles said:

The aussie beef and lamb I used to buy at foodland was cheaper than what I buy herein Aus at woolworths or coles.... I suspect they are a better grade too !!

There we go, all those farangs eating 85 Baht breakfasts are missing out, they should be chowing down on best quality steak.

There we go, all those farangs eating 85 Baht breakfasts are missing out, they should be chowing down on best quality steak.
Are they the ones crying about this new insurance requirement ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk