Yesitisdakid

This place should be named no-action Street

This place never really got off the ground not surprised while it's not a terrible location it's not actually great more bars closed than open. This was taken in the afternoon but I have been by this place many times in the evening and it's really no better.

15580831649968.jpg15580831649657.jpg15580831649376.jpg15580831649055.jpg15580831646204.jpg15580831645873.jpg15580831645442.jpg15580831644951.jpg15580831643340.jpg15580831653282.jpg15580831652711.jpg15580831652500.jpg15580831651769.jpg

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Think I went once ,  fairly soon after it first opened , as you say it never really took off 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Think I went once ,  fairly soon after it first opened , as you say it never really took off 

Seemed to be ladyboy city when I last went, but it was a fair while ago now.

13 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Yes didn't an english guy buy his lady boy a bar and it was on the UK tv ?

I think it was around 2010 to 2012 it opened, i don't remember the date but i do remember a friend of mine trying hard to get me to invest into a bar in No Auction St.

9 minutes ago, boydeste said:

The only busy bar I remember was Sensations , was fairly soon after the TV show that featured Scott and Pang , but I remember reading  they moved a while back 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lanzalad said:

Yes didn't an english guy buy his lady boy a bar and it was on the UK tv ?

I think it was around 2010 to 2012 it opened, i don't remember the date but i do remember a friend of mine trying hard to get me to invest into a bar in No Auction St.

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

The only busy bar I remember was Sensations , was fairly soon after the TV show that featured Scott and Pang , but I remember reading  they moved a while back 

Yes I remeber seing that, he moved his bar called Sensations out of no action st to a different soi between Bukhaow and 3rd RD, it looked to be closed in March so he may have moved it to somewhere else now.

Edited by boydeste

I think the word is inaction rather than no-action.

Then you can say there's inaction in Action street.

inaction
/ɪnˈakʃ(ə)n/
noun
  1. lack of action where some is expected or appropriate.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was always confused by this place also. I remember when it opened but to me every  time I passed it never looked like it was Opened. So a lot of investment for nothing

47 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Far too many bars now in Pattaya. Even if half them closed there would still be too many.

Said this for years.. no one can make any decent money in pattaya running a bar... unless you are the big players then leave it alone..

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

Said this for years.. no one can make any decent money in pattaya running a bar... unless you are the big players then leave it alone..

Not enough girls now to work in the bars either. Most bars have four or five girls and a couple of ladyboys.

3 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Not enough girls now to work in the bars either. Most bars have four or five girls and a couple of ladyboys.

Another valid reason on why they should release a set number of drinking / entertainment licenses to the area.

Did it in Spain for years and it worked while it was in play

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

This place never really got off the ground not surprised while it's not a terrible location it's not actually great more bars closed than open. This was taken in the afternoon but I have been by this place many times in the evening and it's really no better.

15580831649968.jpg15580831649657.jpg15580831649376.jpg15580831649055.jpg15580831646204.jpg15580831645873.jpg15580831645442.jpg15580831644951.jpg15580831643340.jpg15580831653282.jpg15580831652711.jpg15580831652500.jpg15580831651769.jpg

They're looking for a hansum man 'Meeter and Greeter' to get this place moving...........

Pretty Bitch required ...salary negotiable .... :default_abe:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, farangme said:

Shocking place to go for a drink. Fugly girls with bad attitudes.

Cant understand why anybody would sit in one of those ugly, noisy barclusters ? Usually very average women . 

I actually believe Drinking St is the same as no Action St...

U2 bar was forced to move out of its old place to Drinking St right at front line on 2nd rd.

they maybe one or 2 bars with other customers but other than that nothing... the rest is dead.

40 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

I actually believe Drinking St is the same as no Action St...

U2 bar was forced to move out of its old place to Drinking St right at front line on 2nd rd.

they maybe one or 2 bars with other customers but other than that nothing... the rest is dead.

I went up there one night this past March and surprisingly, there were many bars among that cluster that had more than just a few customers. Of course the one's closest to 2nd Road were busier on average, but even in the bars going back 4 deep, there were plenty of customers spread out. I told my wing man I was surprised at the turn out as the last time I had gone up there for a few drinks, maybe 3-4 years back, you could count the number of bars with more than 4 people drinking on one hand.

As for Action Street, I visited there shortly after it opened some years back and there was a couple of the bars doing a small trade, I sat at the first bar on the left as you enter off the street, but even back then, the main concentration of drinkers were in the LK Metro and Soi Diana areas. It seems that if any bar on Soi Buokow does any consistent business, particularly below the Diana intersection, you have to be fronting Buokow itself, as the foot traffic passing by along with the vehicle movement at least gives customers something to look at while sipping their suds. Sitting in a bar "inside" a small cul de sac type location where the only scenery, if you can call it that, are other empty bars a few short steps away, can be a bit of an eyesore and motivation to pay your bin after a quick few gulps, if one even bothered to walk inside that complex,  and move on down the road.

• Like 3

shouldnt laugh but in one of those pics there is a bar thats obvious done and dusted, single chrome pole in the middle.. and someone has nicked the neone striplight bulbs..  now theres a 200 baht savings :)   yeah its a pretty desparate area.  was supposed to be the last chance saloon for boozers without budget I think.. or those waiting for their giros to clear

50 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

I went up there one night this past March and surprisingly, there were many bars among that cluster that had more than just a few customers. Of course the one's closest to 2nd Road were busier on average, but even in the bars going back 4 deep, there were plenty of customers spread out. I told my wing man I was surprised at the turn out as the last time I had gone up there for a few drinks, maybe 3-4 years back, you could count the number of bars with more than 4 people drinking on one hand.

The last time I looked in (a long time ago!), most of the customers appeared to be of Arab, or South Asian, appearance. Was that the case when you were there?

On 5/17/2019 at 10:39 PM, dcfc2007 said:

Far too many bars now in Pattaya. Even if half them closed there would still be too many.

On 5/17/2019 at 11:25 PM, Lanzalad said:

hammer-and-nail.jpg

Over-establishment is the biggest problem facing bars and all other businesses in Pattaya.  The market was saturated 15 years ago, but the supply side has just kept growing. Today far too many businesses (not just bars) are fighting for slices of a pie that's getting smaller.

Evil

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

17 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Is "Action Street" in Soi Baukow ?

Yes, punch 12.925838, 100.881219 into google maps.