How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Sign in to follow this  
KWA

Pattaya to Utapao airport and return

It's been years since I did this and we used a taxi to take us there.  Since then I've heard about a period when taxis were banned, I've heard about Air Asia minibuses leaving from somewhere near Central Festival and maybe even a regular public bus service.

Can anyone who has made this journey recently update me with what options are out there now?

• Thumbs Up 1

I used the airport twice last month (both times coming from Phuket) First time I had a friend waiting for me (plenty of taxis about) second time I pre-ordered a taxi to pick me up (Tan Taxi's ) no problem the driver was waiting inside arrivals , which is directly outside where you get the suitcases from.

No problems arriving and leaving in a taxi as far as I can see.

• Great Info 1

6 hours ago, roomark said:

I used the airport twice last month (both times coming from Phuket) First time I had a friend waiting for me (plenty of taxis about) second time I pre-ordered a taxi to pick me up (Tan Taxi's ) no problem the driver was waiting inside arrivals , which is directly outside where you get the suitcases from.

No problems arriving and leaving in a taxi as far as I can see.

There is an issue with private taxis , I used Tans and her driver Or asked me to ring when I was through and if anyone asked she was my GF picking me up ( I wish ... 😉 )  no one asked but I sat in the front just in case 

8 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

but I sat in the front just in case 

Off-topic, but when I am the only passenger in a taxi, I prefer to sit in the front.

5 hours ago, Stillearly said:

There is an issue with private taxis , I used Tans and her driver Or asked me to ring when I was through and if anyone asked she was my GF picking me up ( I wish ... 😉 )  no one asked but I sat in the front just in case 

Yes definitely an issue with private taxis. We didn't have a clue when and tried to grab a taxi dropping someone off and he said he can't take us. We had to go inside and book a car with company that has the monopoly at the airport. It was more expensive than what we pay from Bangkok airport to Pattaya.

2 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Yes definitely an issue with private taxis. We didn't have a clue when and tried to grab a taxi dropping someone off and he said he can't take us. We had to go inside and book a car with company that has the monopoly at the airport. It was more expensive than what we pay from Bangkok airport to Pattaya.

Think the fixed Airport price is 1,000 Baht. - private taxis 700-800 Baht 

• Surprised 1

26 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Think the fixed Airport price is 1,000 Baht. - private taxis 700-800 Baht 

You may be right as the wife paid for it and I thought she said it was 1200 baht. A bit of googling does say the price should be fixed at 1000 baht.

Thanks all.  I've been told since posting that Utapao Airport Limousine are running the monopoly and reviews for them don't read well.  Grab Taxi look to have trouble getting in/out there too.  Looks like a sneaky private one, as Stillearly describes, or fly from BKK.

I have no details but have seen the Air Asia bus pickup point on the soii9 side of Central Festival

Sign in to follow this