Renewing your road tax in Pattaya?

Bazle

• 5 weeks later...

You can also try Big C on Pattaya Tai on Saturdays upstairs in front of the tills.

We would use this lady here due to the convenience of getting the insurance and tax in one place..

3rd road to the right of easy money..

1.png

18 minutes ago, johnpat said:

good info.... but I just got my bike road tax at the inspection station on soi 4 off Pattaya Tai....

I'll use it for my car in October....

I never knew there was an inspection station on Soi 4, until now.

00000.png

6 hours ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Dont forget if the vehicle is 7 years or older it will need a road worthy inspection, done at places displaying this sign.

post-81192-0-27856200-1456382403_thumb.j

Yes and what a joke that is, all i see them check is the light alignment and the exhaust emission, 10 minutes and 200 bht and you're done lol 

10 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yes and what a joke that is, all i see them check is the light alignment and the exhaust emission, 10 minutes and 200 bht and you're done lol 

Was with a work colleague (Thai) when he was getting his pickup tested, They checked brakes/steering/ tyres/lights/horn/emissions/seatbelts etc etc.

Does not surprise me if the requirements are different at different places.

• Haha 1

I recall a video from vlogger Kev in Thailand where he went to have his newly purchased pre-owned bike inspected and it was rejected due to having blue lights.   So I suppose these inspections will help reduce the number of illegal mods people put on their bikes (.. of course after the inspection you could put the mods back on ..)

7 hours ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Dont forget if the vehicle is 7 years or older it will need a road worthy inspection, done at places displaying this sign.

post-81192-0-27856200-1456382403_thumb.j

You can also get your tax renewed there you leave your green book and collect it in a few days.

You get a receipt that can be shown to the BIB that is acceptable to them.

JDM

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Bike inspection took twice as long. They needed to do a pencil rubbing of the bike's VIN plate, but the VIN was in a hard to reach place on the frame. Watched as they spent a couple of minutes trying to get the paper taped over the VIN, then watched as the paper came off when they rubbed the pencil over the paper. Took them three tries before they got a good copy.

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Bike inspection took twice as long. They needed to do a pencil rubbing of the bike's VIN plate, but the VIN was in a hard to reach place on the frame. Watched as they spent a couple of minutes trying to get the paper taped over the VIN, then watched as the paper came off when they rubbed the pencil over the paper. Took them three tries before they got a good copy.

So thats what they stuck on my test certificate, i wondered WTF it was lol, still only took 10 mins as they have a pit and its easily accessable from under the vehicle.

I really can't see that this test can be very meaningful but hey i suppose its something, now all they gotta do is get everyone to comply lol 

When I've gotten my road tax sticker at an inspection station I give them my green book and proof of government insurance (and 300 baht)  and then come back in 3 or 4 days and get back my green book and road tax sticker.

At these temporary shops in malls like Big C and Central do they print up the road tax sticker on the spot or do I have to come back in a week to pick up my sticker and green book?

1 hour ago, johnpat said:

When I've gotten my road tax sticker at an inspection station I give them my green book and proof of government insurance (and 300 baht)  and then come back in 3 or 4 days and get back my green book and road tax sticker.

At these temporary shops in malls like Big C and Central do they print up the road tax sticker on the spot or do I have to come back in a week to pick up my sticker and green book?

They are part of the licensing department not agents and they do it all on the sport as far as I can recall. One time however the modem couldn't connect and they couldn't do it so just sat round twiddling their thumbs.

Edited by fygjam

• 2 years later...
32 minutes ago, eyes4thais said:

I have a 1 yr old Nisaan Almera 1000cc. My lady is telling me it is 4000b for road tax is this true?

Can anyone point me a to a link to finding costs.  

You may well find that that is for the years road tax plus the compulsory insurance.

Edited by SteveBC
  • Thumbs Up 1