Boxing

Stillearly

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Hell of a punch , but glad I didn't stay up until 04:00 to watch it ....

I dont get it.. 

You're up against an (on record; imo Tyson beat him) undefeated fighter with a monstrous right hand, and yet you go in with a lead left uppercut? 

Schoolboy error. 

47 minutes ago, Esco said:

I dont get it.. 

You're up against an (on record; imo Tyson beat him) undefeated fighter with a monstrous right hand, and yet you go in with a lead left uppercut? 

Schoolboy error. 

Thought similar Mijnheer ........ mind you I would have gone to the canvas with the first jab.

So Joshua or Wilder ?????

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/19/2019 at 7:46 PM, nampla69 said:

Thought similar Mijnheer ........ mind you I would have gone to the canvas with the first jab.

So Joshua or Wilder ?????

I think Joshua is the better boxer and beats him but, if Joshua brawls as he likes to do when provoked, chances are he'll get knocked down and won't get up. It's still hard to believe Fury got up from that knockdown.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Esco said:

I think Joshua is the better boxer and beats him but, if Joshua brawls as he likes to do when provoked, chances are he'll get knocked down and won't get up. It's still hard to believe Fury got up from that knockdown.

Never seen anyone hit so hard that late in a fight and get up.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, karon steve said:

Being the cynical bastard that I am...an almost immediate rematch. So was this fixed to tempt Wilder or Fury in to accepting a match?

The immediate rematch clause will have been in the contract. 

I can't say if it was fixed, but Joshua definitely didn't show up last night and got caught as he tried to brawl with a much shorter and faster man, who clipped him on the temple and f***d him up proper. He never got his legs back after round 3. 

On 6/2/2019 at 3:38 AM, Krapow said:

I remember watching the Buster Douglas/Tyson fight, reminds me a bit of that.

Yes, I used to be a huge boxing fan but don’t follow it much anymore. Looks like this was a foregone conclusion, with an out of shape, last minute replacement, and favourite got beat and lost his belts. In all fairness to Tyson, the referee helped him lose, he KO’d Douglas who was then given at least 13 seconds to get up. But the protest failed. 

Congrats to Ruiz, the boy can hit hard and gives hope to all us chubby feckers

• 1 month later...

Been a sad week for boxing this week with 2 fighters dying from injuries sustained in fights from last weekend.

28 year old Russian light-welterweight Maxim Dadashev.

23 year old Argentinian lightweight Hugo Santillan.

RIP

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...