What are you reading?

Al McReady

On 6/2/2022 at 5:26 PM, galenkia said:

Just started this.

B01N4G4QQ8.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg

Kim should never have been made captain - he was given the job to try and heal the divide between two factions within the team after Greg Chappel resigned. Kim was too young and too naive to take on such a role. But what a player - his batting was unbelievable - if he was in a settled squad and did not have the captaincy - he could have been one of the greats. 

• Like 1

Two of my favourite writers at the same time. I up in Isaan watching the rice grow and dogs scratching themselves so ....... beautiful day after pouring rain yesterday.

Douglas Murray's book is brilliantly written and argued but so depressing in that so many people follow this unthinking / woke / CRT / Buy Large Mansions/ my lived truth--- agenda. Everyone should read it and argue back when you hear nonsensical dangerous arguments. He does even get into the eco / animal rebellion lot but yep nearly finished it.

The other did not know about until I saw it in the airport. Read everything this man has ever written and this one is a humdinger zinger ..... reads like a detective thriller and yet you know where it is going. People who foresee the Covid pandemic and what happened next ........ fabulous writer Michael Lewis.

thumbnail.jpeg

• Like 3

Just starting this one. A lot of books that I have on reserve at my library are arriving quicker than I can read them. Luckily there is sport on TV the next 4 nights so I should get some reading done.

9781529061840.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, andycoll said:

Just starting this one. A lot of books that I have on reserve at my library are arriving quicker than I can read them. Luckily there is sport on TV the next 4 nights so I should get some reading done.

9781529061840.jpg

There's a coincidence. Whilst reading this noticed my first reservered book had at long last arrived at my local library!

Got a pay a fee of a whole 10 baht😀

Coincidences end there though sadly. Got loads of sport coming up that I'll be going to, reading will drop off.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 5:49 AM, andycoll said:

9781529061840.jpg

One of my favourite authors, not read this one yet though. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've read quite a few books by John Grisham, but missed a few along the way. Just finished The Pelican Brief. What a great read. Can't remember if I watched the movie, so going to give that a watch in the next couple of days while the book is still fresh in my mind. It'll be interesting to see how true they stayed to the book.

Next up in the list of missed Grisham books...
5359._SY475_.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

My mother was in the QAs (Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service) as a sister.

She was in India and France during the war. She was in the ships as the allies hit the beaches of Normandy and days later on the beaches she was marking the wounded either to be evacuated or beyond help. Even though my mother had dementia just before she passed away her memory of those events in June 1944 was vivid and precise.

This is the story of the QAs.

IMG20220619154100.jpg

• Like 5