What are you reading?

Al McReady

29 minutes ago, matthewh said:

the only things I read are online and drawings on site.

You are missing a lot of things.

Books are wisdom !   I nearly stopped reading over the last years for various reasons. Mainly time, when you leave home at 06.30 and return at 7.00 pm 6 days a week you havent much time. 

Now I have plenty time and have returned to reading, but in a 50/50 proportion between entertaining books and educational books.

One is never too old to learn, and stopping learning you will  be out of touch very fast at the pace the world is progressing.

When I worked I followed several professional magazine, more even since the appearance of the net.  But no more hydr, elec or mechanical drawings for me !

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Starshine said:

Agreed but old news and nothing new just Jackie's lashing out at the world. Thought this link was more significant same website... and remember Oswald had history as he had already fired at a right wing politician shortly before Kennedy using the same rifle.

https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/history/52-years-on-photo-of-john-f-kennedys-assassin-confirmed-as-authentic

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nampla69 said:

Agreed but old news and nothing new just Jackie's lashing out at the world. Thought this link was more significant same website... and remember Oswald had history as he had already fired at a right wing politician shortly before Kennedy using the same rifle.

https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/history/52-years-on-photo-of-john-f-kennedys-assassin-confirmed-as-authentic

I reckon the goverment knew of Oswald's plan so put their own shooter on the knoll to make sure Kennedy died and Oswald would get the sole blame for it.People near the knoll said they could smell gunpowder coming from there.

The answers are in classified files that will never be released due to 'national security'.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, galenkia said:

I reckon the goverment knew of Oswald's plan so put their own shooter on the knoll to make sure Kennedy died and Oswald would get the sole blame for it.People near the knoll said they could smell gunpowder coming from there.

The answers are in classified files that will never be released due to 'national security'.

A decent theory and one I do not reject. All others I do. Think if it was a conspiracy more likely to be right wing anti Castro nut jobs. There may have been one more shooter but I doubt it. There are also no sealed or classified files that have not been released. Everything was released many years ago and little of value came out apart from some stuff about Ruby etc. Oswald was a Marine  marksman and hit with two shots, missed with one  dead easy as he was behind Kennedy.

I apply what is know as Ockham's Razor. Term in philosophy ....... sometime step simplest explanations are the best.  But humans love a good conspiracy theory.

• Like 1