What are you reading?

Al McReady

the-fox.jpg

Industry Reviews

“ Forsyth deserves his place among the thriller greats ” 
The Times

“ The pages virtually turn themselves ” 
Barry Forshaw, Guardian

“ The five year wait for Forsyth’s latest sensation has been worth every second. ” 
Daily Express

“ Forsyth has lost none of his storytelling finesse and geopolitical grasp . . . this is Forsyth at his spellbinding best ” 
Daily Mail

“ Ripped from today’s headlines . . . Forsyth fashions our contemporary reality into an assured thriller ” 
Mail on Sunday

“ A thriller that’ll have you checking your PC’s security . . . with plenty of detail on the world of cyber-security and fine pacing and characterisation, Forsyth delivers another lesson in how it should be done ” 
The Sport

• Like 2

Please let me know if the pages turned themselves.

19 hours ago, Zeb said:

the-fox.jpg

Industry Reviews

“ Forsyth deserves his place among the thriller greats ” 
The Times

“ The pages virtually turn themselves ” 
Barry Forshaw, Guardian

“ The five year wait for Forsyth’s latest sensation has been worth every second. ” 
Daily Express

“ Forsyth has lost none of his storytelling finesse and geopolitical grasp . . . this is Forsyth at his spellbinding best ” 
Daily Mail

“ Ripped from today’s headlines . . . Forsyth fashions our contemporary reality into an assured thriller ” 
Mail on Sunday

“ A thriller that’ll have you checking your PC’s security . . . with plenty of detail on the world of cyber-security and fine pacing and characterisation, Forsyth delivers another lesson in how it should be done ” 
The Sport

10 hours ago, galenkia said:

This is a great read.

519EURNk5sL.jpg

Nice one mate, I'll Kindle a bit of that, she was one of the smarter stars of the era so not surprising she's penned a good memoir of it. 

This is also very good - 

Bedsit-Disco-Queen_2048x2048.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, fatbhoytim said:

Just *ahem* downloaded this one. I believe it is on general sale middle of July. I hope it is better than his last- Macbeth- which I could not get into at all.

knife.jpg

Yeah,struggled with Macbeth myself.Good to see him going back to Harry Hole again.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Purchased for the princely sum of 140bhat from Canterbury tales.Cracking read so far.God it shows iam getting old when my first post of my trp  on a Pattaya forum is about a book iam reading.

51PNGfLZVwL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (331�499)

Edited by Al McReady
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Al McReady said:

Purchased for the princely sum of 140bhat from Canterbury tales.Cracking read so far.God it shows iam getting old when my first post of my trp  on a Pattaya forum is about a book iam reading.

51PNGfLZVwL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (331�499)

A good read ... hurry up and finish it so we can go and get pissed. :default_drinks:

• Thumbs Up 1

finished Chris Ryans Bad Soldier last week and this week started to read

Roberto Costantini The Deliverance of Evil,100 pages in,not bad so far.

can't put the book covers on here because having problems with printer.

regards

grayray

15 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

@code_slayer_bkk refresher in COBOL next? :default_biggrin:   Hated working with that language.

Image result for cobol

I liked COBOL and RPG .. RPG ( especially RPG IV ) was a rocking language short and sweet ( plus external calls to any other language -- especially Assembler ) .. I am an Assembler, C, C# or .Net junkie  ... really just give me any language or a data base language .. I will rock it ... been working for years using MDX

Only exception was the Data Division in COBOL .. what a pain in the ass .. no self described on the fly self arguments ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk