What are you reading?

Al McReady

As l am back traveling again and don't have access to my free library books l have fallen back on the trusty Kindle to kep me going. I have just read 'The Black Angel' followed by 'The Unquiet'. Books 5 and 6 in John Connolly's  Charlie Parker series. It has been about 14 years since I first read them and l had forgotten how good his early stuff was. Now for a change of pace, and don't laugh, l have started War and Peace by Tolstoy. I still have 39 hours of reading to go. I think I  might break this up by reading a few other books here and there.  I have 6 more weeks of my trip to go so my aim is to finish it before then.

Finally finished War and Peace. What a boring, tedious piece of shit. It's hard to believe such a long book only covers 7 years of Russian life during the Napoleonic wars. I thought I was going to burn out my Kindle l was flicking the pages that quick. 25 hours of my life l will never get back.

• Haha 3

On 9/12/2019 at 2:30 PM, andycoll said:

Finally finished War and Peace. What a boring, tedious piece of shit. It's hard to believe such a long book only covers 7 years of Russian life during the Napoleonic wars. I thought I was going to burn out my Kindle l was flicking the pages that quick. 25 hours of my life l will never get back.

Have read that many moons ago, and yes I remember it was really not fascinating.... Can't remember if I even finished it.

Ahoi, ahoi, Issan expats !

Your case is being studied (once more) by anthropologists !

BOOK ON ISAAN INTERRACIAL LOVE LAUNCHES TOMORROW AT BACC

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/events/2019/09/23/book-on-isaan-interracial-love-launches-tomorrow-at-bacc/

Note the usual Thai respect, using the word "multiracial" where "multicultural" would have been much nicer ....

Anyway, at 930 B the book is a steal and sure will have a great succes !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just unpacked a book ordered through Amazon US.

Ordered mid July (see shipment date) , having received nothing end August I was reimbursed by the vendor (incl shipping cost).

Guess what arrived today, Nov 2nd ?

The book...

So, now knowing this I'll order some more (maybe for free)

Note that in the past I ordered several times from Amazon Fr, french books for my kids, delivered to BKK and it was no problem . 3 or 4 weeks, all arrived.

Bali is a bit more far away....

20191102_125816-768x1024.jpg

20191102_130008-768x1024.jpg