What are you reading?

Al McReady

• 2 weeks later...

Sandford.jpg

Decided to return to my collection of hard & paperbacks having gone through a significant percentage of my kindle storage for the second time.

Picked purely at random because I think this is the first of Sandford's featuring Virgil Flowers which I will confirm, or not, when I start at page one either tonight or first thing in the morning.

15 hours ago, galenkia said:

Yeah, can get some good deals on books. Sometimes new ones can be reduced to 99p for short periods for example 

Yes, I tend to look for the bargains on Amazon and only buy new best sellers for my very favorite authors.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/15/2019 at 8:42 AM, Al McReady said:

51g-I-tqQTL._SY346_.jpg (226×346)

Try The Volunteer Al.

New book even more remarkable than this book and I really liked the true story above. Very well written especially pre-war Austria bit.

Volunteer is not Jewish but surely one of the bravest men ever lived. Incredible true story ......heartbreaking ending.

On 11/17/2019 at 8:59 AM, nampla69 said:

Try The Volunteer Al.

New book even more remarkable than this book and I really liked the true story above. Very well written especially pre-war Austria bit.

Volunteer is not Jewish but surely one of the bravest men ever lived. Incredible true story ......heartbreaking ending.

https://ebook3000.unblocked.earth/The-Volunteer--One-Man--an-Underground-Army--and-the-Secret-Mission-to-Destroy-Auschwitz_589770.html

This. I reckon Reacher is getting more blood thirsty as he goes along. I think he killed about 60 people in 4 days without a cop in sight. On the plus side Lee Child has said no more Tom Cruise playing Reacher in any further movies, to short.

20191127_170818.jpg

1 hour ago, andycoll said:

This. I reckon Reacher is getting more blood thirsty as he goes along. I think he killed about 60 people in 4 days without a cop in sight. On the plus side Lee Child has said no more Tom Cruise playing Reacher in any further movies, to short.

20191127_170818.jpg

So who would you cast as Reacher ? I always thought Tom Cruise was too short.

I would vote for Steven Segal.

Apologies if this is considered a Thread f**k.

Several series of novels, all written by John Sandford ( more than 30 in total )

The KIdd series. An artist and computer tech, who with his colleagues get tangled up in various situations.

The Lucas Davenport series. An Investigative Police officer, who specializes in "the hard stuff".

The Flowers series. A spin off from the Davenport series.

Like all good novels, they can be read in isolation, but there are background themes that develop in progression, so I would suggest they be read in order.

3 hours ago, Proffesor said:

So who would you cast as Reacher ? I always thought Tom Cruise was too short.

I would vote for Steven Segal.

Apologies if this is considered a Thread f**k.

Good question. In the interview with Lee Child he asked that same question and asked his many fans to put forward suggestions. The only person I could think of was Sam Elliot but he is to old. Steven Seagal is also to old, as well as fat for mine. Also I don't know if there will be a next movie as he said they are turning it into a TV series, which with 23 books and numerous short stories makes sense.

Dominion by Tom Holland. A very heavy read as to be expected from a book spanning 2500 years. So much so that I stopped after the 1st 1000 years. Interesting  but there is only so much religious discussion l can take at any one time.

20191127_170847.jpg